Saudi Arabian troops continue joint military drills with US armed forces

1 / 5
A joint military drill between Saudi Arabia and the US army, called the Shield of Prevention-2, is continuing in the Kingdom having launched on Sunday. (SPA)
2 / 5
A joint military drill between Saudi Arabia and the US army, called the Shield of Prevention-2, is continuing in the Kingdom having launched on Sunday. (SPA)
3 / 5
A joint military drill between Saudi Arabia and the US army, called the Shield of Prevention-2, is continuing in the Kingdom having launched on Sunday. (SPA)
4 / 5
A joint military drill between Saudi Arabia and the US army, called the Shield of Prevention-2, is continuing in the Kingdom having launched on Sunday. (SPA)
5 / 5
A joint military drill between Saudi Arabia and the US army, called the Shield of Prevention-2, is continuing in the Kingdom having launched on Sunday. (SPA)
Updated 13 September 2018
0

Saudi Arabian troops continue joint military drills with US armed forces

  • A joint military drill between Saudi Arabia and the US army, called the Shield of Prevention-2, is continuing in the Kingdom
  • The exercise is being carried out to support security, stability and cooperation in the region

RIYADH: A joint military drill between Saudi Arabia and the US army, called the Shield of Prevention-2, is continuing in the Kingdom having launched on Sunday.
The exercise — which is being carried out to support security, stability and cooperation in the region — is between branches of the the Saudi Royal Land Forces and and US armed forces.
One of the exercise’s leaders, Col. Al-Tayyar Abdulaziz bin Nasser Al-Jowair, said that the first phase of the joint exercise had been carried out successfully.
Maj. Gen. Khalid bin Abdullah Al-Shiblan, general supervisor of the exercise, said that the objectives of the exercise were to reach the “highest degree of coordination between the various branches of the Saudi armed forces and respond immediately and effectively against any crises,” according to a statement from Saudi Press Agency.


Participants have been carrying out a number of tasks including inspections of hazardous materials, sampling procedures, training of explosive disposal teams, as well as the training of medical units on the mechanism for treating, clearing and evacuating large numbers of people affected in the aftermath of a crisis.
Col. Al-Jowair pointed out that the final stage of the exercise will start next week and will conclude on Wednesday.


Arab coalition preventing Houthis from threatening navigation

Updated 22 July 2019
0

Arab coalition preventing Houthis from threatening navigation

  • 16 permits have been issued to secure the passage of ships heading to the port of Hodeidah
  • Al-Maliki: Houthi militia continues to obstruct the arrival of humanitarian aid and violates international humanitarian law

RIYADH: The Arab coalition fighting to restore the legitimate government in Yemen said on Monday it is continuing its duty to prevent the Iranian-backed Houthi militia from threatening international shipping.
However, speaking at a weekly press conference in Riyadh, spokesperson Col. Turki Al-Maliki also said the threat of international navigation is the responsibility of the international community
Col. Al-Maliki added that 16 permits have been issued to secure the passage of ships heading to the port of Hodeidah.
He also said that the Houthi militia continues to obstruct the arrival of humanitarian aid and violates international humanitarian law by targeting civilians and civilian sites, which have escalated to war crimes.
“The coalition is protecting the Yemeni citizens at the request of the legitimate government in Yemen and we will continue to provide assistance to the Yemeni people,” Al-Maliki added.
He also shed light on the coalition’s attacks on legitimate military targets in the capital Sanaa, which is under the control of the terrorist militia.