Mohamed Salah’s slow start to the season no problem for Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp

There is a lot of expectation on the shoulders of Mohamed Salah after his record-break exploits last season. (AFP)
Updated 21 September 2018
0

Mohamed Salah’s slow start to the season no problem for Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp

  • After this record-breaking season last campaign the Egyptian ace has only two goals so far this term.
  • Liverpool face Southampton this weekend having won all five matches so far.

LIVERPOOL: Mohamed Salah’s slow start to the season is not causing Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp to lose any sleep.
The 26-year-old Egyptian star — who had a disappointing World Cup after entering it with a shoulder injury he suffered in the Champions League final — has scored just twice this term.
Klopp’s lack of concern over his form is supported by the 44 goals he scored in all competitions after a similarly slow start in his first season with the club.
“Wow, that’s a crisis,” said Klopp sarcastically ahead of Liverpool’s clash against Southampton on Saturday.
“No one remembers that (his slow start last season), it is really no problem.”
Klopp, whose side have begun the season in great style and are yet to drop a point after five Premier League matches despite Salah’s lack of goals, admitted the Egyptian’s superb record had raised expectations.
“Of course, of course everyone expects that, that is clear,” he said.
“We don’t expect that. We want him to score as often as possible. It is completely normal everyone expects that.”
The German, whose side opened their Champions League campaign with a thrilling 3-2 home win over French champions Paris Saint-Germain on Tuesday, said Croatian central defender Dejan Lovren, who has yet to feature after picking up a hip problem at the World Cup, is getting closer to return to the squad.
“Dejan is close,” said Klopp. “He looks really fit. He did a lactate test last week so fitness-wise he is — for his situation — on a really OK level.
“He is not for the squad for the weekend, of course, but we will see how soon we can try to involve him again.”


Sixth season of ​​Formula E to start in Saudi Arabia’s Ad Diriyah in November

Updated 16 June 2019
0

Sixth season of ​​Formula E to start in Saudi Arabia’s Ad Diriyah in November

  • The electric cars competition will witness two rounds as part of the sixth ABB FIA Formula E event
  • Fourteen such events are scheduled in 12 cities on four different continents

RIYADH: FIA World Motor Sport Council revealed on Saturday that the 2019 Saudia Ad Diriyah E Prix will kick off the new season on Nov. 22 and 23, 2019, on the outskirts of Riyadh.

The electric cars competition, organized by the FIA and the Saudi Arabia General Sport Authority (GSA), will witness two rounds as part of the sixth ABB FIA Formula E competition, out of 14 organized in 12 cities on four different continents including, Santiago, Mexico City, Hong Kong, Rome, Paris, Berlin, New York, and London and Seoul, which were recently added.

Alberto Longo, vice CEO of Formula E, said that the upcoming season will be one of the most exciting in the short history of the competition.

He also welcomed Mercedes Benz and Porsche to the list of competitors, and Seoul and London to the competition’s venues.

He said that the present season is about to end with three more rounds to go, and that there is a fierce competition for the title.

CHAMPIONSHIP PROGRAM

● Nov. 22: Ad Diriyah, Saudi Arabia

● Nov. 23: Ad Diriyah, Saudi Arabia

● Dec. 14: TBA

● Jan. 18, 2020: Santiago, Chile

● Feb. 15, 2020: Mexico City, Mexico

● March 1, 2020: Hong Kong, China

● March 21, 2020: TBA — China

● April 4, 2020: Rome, Italy

● 9 April 18, 2020: Paris, France

● 10 May 3, 2020: Seoul, S. Korea

● 11 May 30, 2020: Berlin, Germany

● 12 June 20, 2020: New York, US

● 13 July 25, 2020: London, UK

● 14 July 26, 2020: London, UK