500 new cases of breast cancer reported annually in Saudi Arabia

The King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center treats more than 500 new breast cancer cases every year. (SPA)
Updated 07 November 2018
0

500 new cases of breast cancer reported annually in Saudi Arabia

  • King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center treats more than 500 new breast cancer patients every year

JEDDAH: Princess Haifa Al-Faisal, founder and chairwoman of the Zahra Breast Cancer Association, stressed the importance of raising awareness and preventative knowledge to reduce breast cancer risks.
Princess Haifa was speaking during the opening ceremony of the first international conference on “Advances in Breast Cancer Research: Towards Precision Therapy,” organized by King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center (KFSHRC) in Riyadh.
The chief executive officer of the King Faisal Specialist Hospital and Research Center, Dr. Majid Al-Fayadh, said that the hospital treats more than 500 new breast cancer cases every year.


Saudi Arabia calls on Qatar to allow its pilgrims to perform Hajj

Updated 34 min 58 sec ago
0

Saudi Arabia calls on Qatar to allow its pilgrims to perform Hajj

  • The ministry accused the Qatari government of blocking attempts by its citizens to perform the pilgrimage
  • Saudi Arabia is one of several Arab countries that launched a boycott of Qatar in 2017 over the country’s support for extremist groups

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has created a new webpage for Qataris who wish to perform the pilgrimage this year.
Qatari Hajj pilgrims can register their details, browse packages and pay for them at: https://qh1440.haj.gov.sa

The ministry called on Qatar not to block the webpage as it did previously and “cooperate in order to allow its citizens to perform Hajj easily.”

Saudi Arabia is one of several Arab countries that launched a boycott of Qatar in 2017 over the country’s support for extremist groups.

The embargo includes transport restrictions between Qatar and Saudi Arabia, but the Kingdom has taken measures to ensure pilgrims from Qatar can travel freely for Hajj and Umrah.

The ministry said on Saturday it had taken several steps to ensure pilgrims could enter Saudi Arabia for for Hajj, which starts next month. But the ministry accused the Qatari government of blocking attempts by its citizens to perform the pilgrimage.

Following a recent meeting with a Qatari delegation to discuss the logistics of pilgrims from the country arriving in the Kingdom, the delegation from Doha left without signing any agreements to enable access for it citizens, according to the ministry.

In response to Doha’s actions, the statement said that Qatari pilgrims could complete their applications upon arrival in Saudi Arabia.