King Salman Humanitarian Aid agency chief reviews relief activities in Yemen

Dr. Abdullah Al-Rabeeah meets with Yemeni Minister of Local Administration Abdul Raqib Fath on Monday. (SPA)
Updated 03 December 2018
0

King Salman Humanitarian Aid agency chief reviews relief activities in Yemen

  • KSRelief plans to rehabilitate 2,000 children who were recruited by Houthis

JEDDAH: Dr. Abdullah Al-Rabeeah, general supervisor of the King Salman Humanitarian Aid and Relief Center (KSRelief), met Yemeni Minister of Local Administration Abdul Raqib Fath on Monday to review relief operations in Yemen.
KSRelief chief on Sunday categorically said the humanitarian aspect of the Yemeni conflict is the top priority of Saudi Arabia and other members of the Arab coalition.
He said the coalition members strongly support entry of humanitarian aid into Yemen and reject exploitation of this issue for political gains.
KSRelief on Monday organized a recreational trip for 27 Yemeni children to historical sites in Marib city. The trip was part of a project to rehabilitate children recruited by the Iranian-backed Houthis.
The program aims to help the children return their normal lives, through teaching them and practicing different sports, as well as field trips.
KSRelief plans to rehabilitate 2,000 children who were recruited by Houthis.
Recently, the center carried out sewing classes as part of its program to develop manual skills in five Yemeni provinces to support orphan families.
Members of the coalition supporting the legitimate government in Yemen against the Houthi militias have so far donated $18 billion in aid to help Yemen over three years.
The coalition is making efforts in coordination with different UN agencies to provide relief to the Yemenis.
In response to UN reports about worsening food security in Yemen, Saudi Arabia and the UAE pledged $500 million that will help around 13 million Yemenis in the coming months.


Houthis targetted civilian facility in Najran with an explosives-laden drone, says Arab Coalition

Updated 21 May 2019
0

Houthis targetted civilian facility in Najran with an explosives-laden drone, says Arab Coalition

  • Houthis also fired two ballistic missiles toward the holy city of Makkah and Jeddah on Monday

RIYADH: Houthi militants had tried to hit a civilian facility in Saudi Arabia's southern border province of Najran with a drone carrying explosives, the Arab Coalition supporting Yemen's legitimate government said on Tuesday.
In a statement carried by the Saudi Press Agency (SPA), Colonel Turki Al-Maliki, the spokesman of the Saudi-led military coalition said the target was a vital facility.
"The Houthi-backed terrorist militia of Iran continues to carry out acts of terrorism that pose a real threat to regional and international security by targeting civilian objects and civilian facilities, as well as civilian citizens and residents of all nationalities," Al-Maliki said.

The statement did not mention casualties and gave no further details.

Earlier on Monday, Al-Maliki said Houthis fired two ballistic missiles toward the holy city of Makkah and Jeddah but both were shot down by Saudi air defense forces.

The Iran-backed Houthis have fired dozens of missiles at targets in Saudi Arabia, including the capital Riyadh, since the Arab Coalition intervened in 2015 to restore the government of President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi, which was ousted in a Houthi coup.