Jose Mourinho ‘happy’ to stay at Manchester United, claims agent

Week by week speculation mounts over the position of the United boss. His agent insists Mourinho will not walk, however. (AFP)
Updated 07 December 2018
0

Jose Mourinho ‘happy’ to stay at Manchester United, claims agent

  • Mendes rubbishes rumors Portuguese boss is about to call it quits at Old Trafford.
  • Mourinho explains will big-money signing Fred is a bit-part player at United.

LONDON: Jose Mourinho is very happy at Manchester United and has no plans on leaving Old Trafford any time soon.
That is the message at least from the Portuguese’s agent Jorge Mendes who was responding to rumors Mourinho was unhappy and ready to return to the Real Madrid dugout.
“There have been more rumors of Jose Mourinho leaving Manchester United. It’s totally untrue,” Mendes said.
“José is very happy at the club and the club is very happy with him. He has a long-term contract with Manchester United and is fully committed to the club in building a solid winning project.”
United face Fulham at home today sat in eighth place, eight points off a Champions League spot. And Mourinho said that United must get stronger defensively before he is ready to give Fred more games.
United spent £52 million ($66 million) on buying the Brazil midfielder from Shakhtar Donetsk in June but he has made just six Premier League starts.
Fred was left on the bench this week as United drew at Southampton and was dropped from the squad altogether on Wednesday as Mourinho’s side twice fought back from behind to secure a point against Arsenal.
Mourinho has made clear that Fred’s time will come, but does not believehe is ready.
“I think that when the team is defensively stronger and doesn’t need in midfield people who are more worried about giving balance in the team than creativity, and the day we are stronger defensively, then the horizons change for Fred.”


CEO of Qatar’s BeIn TV channel, former Athletics chief under probe for alleged corruption

Updated 14 sec ago
0

CEO of Qatar’s BeIn TV channel, former Athletics chief under probe for alleged corruption

  • Investigating magistrates are considering charging Yousef Al-Obaidly with active corruption
  • There were allegation of corruption in the bidding process for this year’s World Athletics Championships in Doha

PARIS: The boss of Qatari television channel BeIn, Yousef Al-Obaidly, and ex-athletics chief Lamine Diack, have been under investigation since March over alleged corruption in the bidding process for this year’s World Athletics Championships in Doha, sources told AFP on Tuesday.
Investigating magistrates are considering charging Al-Obaidly with active corruption, while Diack will act as a key witness in the matter and will be charged with passive corruption.
The championships take place at the Khalifa International Stadium between September 27 and October 6.
Earlier this week AFP learned that Diack and his son Papa Massata Diack may go on trial in a separate matter, for allegedly obstructing sanctions against Russia for doping in return for payments.
Prosecutors have recommended Diack, who was president of the International Association of Athletics Federations from 1999 to 2015, be tried for corruption and money laundering.