Renault: Ghosn remains director of Renault, Bollore chairman of Renault-Nissan

Carlos Ghosn was arrested late 2018 in Tokyo. (File/AFP)
Updated 12 February 2019

Renault: Ghosn remains director of Renault, Bollore chairman of Renault-Nissan

  • Thierry Bollore is now chairman of the Renault-Nissan BV holding company
  • “Mr. Ghosn retains, as of the date hereof, his positions within Alliance Rostec Auto BV and Renault do Brasil,” Renault said

PARIS: Carlos Ghosn remains a director of Renault SA even though he has resigned as chairman and chief executive and Thierry Bollore is now chairman of the Renault-Nissan BV holding company, Renault said on Tuesday.
“In addition to the Board of Directors’ communication of January 24, 2019, Renault wishes to specify that Mr. Ghosn resigned from his terms of office as Chairman of the Board of Directors and Chief Executive Officer, but remains, as of the date hereof, Director of Renault SA,” the company said.
“Mr. Ghosn retains, as of the date hereof, his positions within Alliance Rostec Auto BV and Renault do Brasil,” Renault added.


US President Trump does not want to do business with China’s Huawei

Updated 19 August 2019

US President Trump does not want to do business with China’s Huawei

  • US Commerce Department expected to extend a reprieve that permits Huawei to buy supplies from US companies to service its customers

WASHINGTON: US President Donald Trump on Sunday said he did not want the United States to do business with China’s Huawei even as the administration weighs whether to extend a grace period for the company.
Reuters and other media outlets reported on Friday that the US Commerce Department is expected to extend a reprieve given to Huawei Technologies Co. Ltd. that permits the Chinese firm to buy supplies from US companies so that it can service existing customers.
The “temporary general license” will be extended for Huawei for 90 days, Reuters reported, citing two sources familiar with the situation.
On Sunday, Trump told reporters before boarding Air Force One in New Jersey that he did not want to do business with Huawei for national security reasons.
He said there were small parts of Huawei’s business that could be exempted from a broader ban, but that it would be “very complicated.” He did not say whether his administration would extend the “temporary general license.”
Speaking earlier on Sunday, National Economic Council director Larry Kudlow said the Commerce department would extend the Huawei licensing process for three months as a gesture of “good faith” amid broader trade negotiations with China.
“We’re giving a break to our own companies for three months,” Kudlow said on NBC’s “Meet the Press.”