RIYADH: FIA World Motor Sport Council revealed on Saturday that the 2019 Saudia Ad Diriyah E Prix will kick off the new season on Nov. 22 and 23, 2019, on the outskirts of Riyadh.
The electric cars competition, organized by the FIA and the Saudi Arabia General Sport Authority (GSA), will witness two rounds as part of the sixth ABB FIA Formula E competition, out of 14 organized in 12 cities on four different continents including, Santiago, Mexico City, Hong Kong, Rome, Paris, Berlin, New York, and London and Seoul, which were recently added.
Alberto Longo, vice CEO of Formula E, said that the upcoming season will be one of the most exciting in the short history of the competition.
He also welcomed Mercedes Benz and Porsche to the list of competitors, and Seoul and London to the competition’s venues.
He said that the present season is about to end with three more rounds to go, and that there is a fierce competition for the title.
● Nov. 22: Ad Diriyah, Saudi Arabia
● Nov. 23: Ad Diriyah, Saudi Arabia
● Dec. 14: TBA
● Jan. 18, 2020: Santiago, Chile
● Feb. 15, 2020: Mexico City, Mexico
● March 1, 2020: Hong Kong, China
● March 21, 2020: TBA — China
● April 4, 2020: Rome, Italy
● 9 April 18, 2020: Paris, France
● 10 May 3, 2020: Seoul, S. Korea
● 11 May 30, 2020: Berlin, Germany
● 12 June 20, 2020: New York, US
● 13 July 25, 2020: London, UK
● 14 July 26, 2020: London, UK