Palace: William and Kate’s baby due in July



AGENCE FRANCE PRESSE

Published — Tuesday 15 January 2013

Last update 14 January 2013 11:15 pm

| نسخة PDF Print News | A A

LONDON: Prince William and his wife Catherine’s first child is due in July, St. James’ Palace announced yesterday, adding that the mother-to-be is feeling better following her hospitalization last month.
“Their Royal Highnesses The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge are delighted to confirm they are expecting a baby in July,” the palace said in a statement, suggesting the 31-year-old is at least three months pregnant.
“The duchess’s condition continues to improve since her stay in hospital last month,” it added.
Catherine was admitted to hospital on Dec. 3 suffering from hyperemesis gravidarum, a severe form of morning sickness, and stayed three nights. She was not seen in public for several weeks after receiving treatment, although she presented cyclist Bradley Wiggins with the BBC’s Sports Personality of the Year award shortly before Christmas.
Last week she was photographed attending a performance of the Cirque du Soleil in London for her birthday, and also attended the unveiling of her first official portrait at the National Portrait Gallery, where she looked well. Her hospitalization had forced royal officials to announce her pregnancy before she had yet reached 12 weeks, the point at which the danger of a miscarriage drops off significantly. Hyperemesis gravidarum is often associated with twins, but the palace confirmed on Monday that William and Kate were only expecting one child.
They refused to comment on its sex, or whether the couple knew its sex.
The child will be direct in line to the throne after William and his father Prince Charles, and should wear the crown regardless of whether it is a boy or a girl thanks to a change in the laws of succession.

What's happening around Saudi Arabia

JEDDAH: A number of prominent Saudi women have cited several reasons for not running as candidates in the upcoming municipal elections. Some of them are an alleged lack of clarity on nominations and voting; they are too busy; and they want to make wa...
JEDDAH: At the weekly Cabinet meeting on Tuesday, Vice Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Prince Mohammed bin Naif briefed the Cabinet on the talks held by Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman with President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi of Yemen,...
JEDDAH: Private schools have been devising new ways to raise money from parents to circumvent the Education Ministry’s cap on fee increases, a local publication reported here recently.Schools now charge for services that do not require the ministry’s...
JEDDAH: Vice Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, Minister of Interior and Chairman of the Supreme Haj Committee Prince Mohammed bin Naif has approved the general plan for implementation of Civil Defense works in emergency cases during the current Haj...
RIYADH: The government has shut down a cosmetics factory in Riyadh for using undisclosed raw materials and unhygienic process at its production facility.A team from the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, during a routine inspection, found the plant u...
RIYADH: Recruitment offices here have decided to stop hiring Bangladeshi workers because they claim that a supply crunch has raised costs.Ibrahim Al-Megheimish, a recruitment expert, said that there are too few Bangladeshi workers seeking employment,...

Stay Connected

Facebook