Hadaf warns against use of illegal software

Updated 20 January 2013
0

Hadaf warns against use of illegal software

The Human Resources Development Fund “Hadaf” issued a warning about the use of illegal software to update personal data in “Hafiz” in order to avoid the stealing of personal and bank account information by a third party.
The warning followed the release of more than one application on smartphones to update data on “Hafiz” for beneficiaries automatically.
In a statement to Al-Watan newspaper, the spokesman for the Human Resources Development Fund, Sultan Al Sareea, warned about the use of illegal software to update personal data in Hafiz, pointing out also that “Hadaf” is using appropriate solutions to preserve the privacy of the beneficiaries of its programs on one hand and the rights of “Hadaf” on the other.
He said: “I would alert the beneficiaries of the danger of the disclosure of personal information and banking to any third party, which may lead to some people manipulating the beneficiaries’ entitlements or using such information as a cover for irregular and illegal operations.”
He added that the Fund maintains at all times the privacy and confidentiality of all personal data obtained.
He stressed the importance of using the “Weekly Access” feature on the program’s website as an important mechanism of direct communication between the program and the beneficiaries. Through this, users can access information and guidance for the program and support services, such as training and rehabilitation and help in the search for opportunities to work in the private sector.
The owner of the program, who preferred to remain anonymous to Al Watan, confirmed that the program is an application running on Android devices that helps beneficiaries of the program to update weekly in order to avoid deduction of any sums of money from the subsidy in the absence of updating information.


Saudi Arabia’s air defense intercepts Houthi ballistic missile fired towards Jazan

Updated 20 April 2018
0

Saudi Arabia’s air defense intercepts Houthi ballistic missile fired towards Jazan

  • Earlier this week, Saudi air defenses shot down a previous ballistic missile attack by the Houthis
  • The incident happened hours after the coalition warned of a “painful” response if the Houthis mounted new attacks on Saudi Arabia

Saudi air defense forces managed to intercept a ballistic missile fired by Houthi militias from Yemen headed in the direction of Saudi Arabia’s border province of Jazan on Friday.

Earlier this week, Saudi air defenses shot down a previous ballistic missile attack by the Houthis.

Colonel Turki Al-Maliki, the coalition's spokesman, said the missile was monitored by the Saudi Air Force to have been launched from Yemen's Amran province at 10:16 p.m. Monday toward populated areas in the southern Saudi province of Najran.

The missile was intercepted before it could hit its target, Al-Maliki said.

The incident happened hours after the coalition warned of a “painful” response if the Houthis mounted new attacks on Saudi Arabia using what it said were Iran-supplied drones.

So far, the Houthis have launched over 100 missiles at Saudi cities and installations.