Young Saudis to take part in youth forum events

Updated 07 November 2014
0

Young Saudis to take part in youth forum events

Saudi authorities have launched a series of youth activities in Makkah on Thursday in which over a million young Saudi men and women are expected take part in some 400 activities covering various fields.
Osama S. Taib, from King Abdulaziz University who is the chairman of Makkah Youth Forum, has announced in press conference attended by Makkah governorate and other officials on Wednesday that “Makkah Gov. Prince Mishaal bin Abdullah is keen to make a success of the fifth edition of the youth forum activities in Makkah region by involving young Saudis from ages 10 to 30 in all 16 regions of the province.”
He said that Makkah governorate is organizing the forum with the intention of developing the skills of young Saudis and boosting their creativity besides strengthening cultural routes. Media, arts, culture, educational, scientific, social service, sports and recreational activities will be held as part of youth forum activities. The head of KAU also noted that this is the age when youths started presenting “their innovative and unconventional ideas, and solutions for this this extraordinary age that we live in.”
He said that excellent thinking should “rise up from the ordinary to the outstanding and from the traditional to the innovative.”
Tariq Abdulrahman Al-Faqih of the Makkah Governor’s office said that “All government agencies and ministries will not only extend their support but also participate in activities in the region.”


Houthis agree to stop firing missiles at Saudi Arabia

Updated 42 min 20 sec ago
0

Houthis agree to stop firing missiles at Saudi Arabia

  • The Iran-backed rebels ordered the cessation of rocket and drone attacks
  • It cessation was done at the request of UN special envoy Martin Griffiths

SANAA, Yemen: A senior leader of the Houthi militia says the group will halt rocket fire into Saudi Arabia for the sake of peace efforts.
The Houthi leader, Mohammed Ali Al-Houthi, says the Iran-backed rebels ordered the cessation of rocket and drone attacks on the Saudis and forces loyal to coalition member the United Arab Emirates at the request of UN special envoy Martin Griffiths.
The statement was carried by militia-controlled media early on Monday.
Griffiths announced on Friday that both sides had agreed to attend talks in Sweden “soon” aimed at ending the three-year war. The announcement followed an informal de-escalation last week around the key port city of Hodeidah.