711,000 citizens provided with jobs in last 5 years

Updated 27 September 2015

711,000 citizens provided with jobs in last 5 years

RIYADH: A report by the Human Resources Development Fund revealed that more than 711,000 male and females Saudis have been employed during the past five years.
The report described the figure as the largest in the field of job nationalization compared to any previous period.
The report asserted the continuous efforts of the fund to support Saudization plans in the coming years through the appropriate initiatives in cooperation with various concerned bodies.
These efforts come to keep abreast of the economic movement in the country, reduce unemployment levels, and to meet the demands of the labor market professionally.
The fund stressed the importance of consistency between training and employment programs, noting the high number of workers in employment centers, at more than 1,000 Saudis.
Meanwhile, the Labor Ministry noted in a recent report that the number of Saudi women employed in the private sector is 466,000, compared to 146,000 expatriate female workers.
The ministry noted the launch of five women's employment programs, including the direct recruitment program, the regulation of women's work in women's supplies stores, the Saudization of women's jobs in the industrial sector, the remote employment program, and the productive families program.
Riyadh region topped the list of women's employment by employing 174,000 females, followed by Makkah (114,000), the Eastern Province (68,000), Madinah (13,000), Qasim (11,000) and Asir (8,500).
The report also pointed to the increased number of the electronic services currently being provided by the ministry, with 20 services, compared to only three services in 1432.
The report also said the online services have been stopped for 11,000 establishments last year for various violations.
About 12 million beneficiaries benefited from the electronic services in one year, said the report.


First pilgrims leave under Eyab initiative

Updated 51 min 32 sec ago

First pilgrims leave under Eyab initiative

  • Al-Amoudi toured the exhibition dedicated to welcome Eyab’s beneficiaries

Saudi Minister of Transport and Chairman of the General Authority of Civil Aviation (GACA), Dr. Nabeel Al-Amoudi, oversaw the departure of the first 

group of pilgrims under the Eyab initiative on Saturday together with GACA President Abdulhadi bin Ahmed Al-Mansouri.

Eyab seeks to improve services provided to pilgrims, with the authority aiming to enrich pilgrims’ experience at the Kingdom’s airports. It is expected to benefit 30,000 pilgrims during this year’s Hajj season.

Al-Amoudi toured the exhibition dedicated to welcome Eyab’s beneficiaries, inspected the services available and received a briefing from the initiative’s officials.

GACA started an experimental implementation of Eyab this year, aimed at pilgrims returning to Indonesia, India and Malaysia through Jeddah’s King Abdul Aziz International Airport and Madinah’s Prince Mohammed bin Abdul Aziz Airport.