Nitaqat: Saudis in private sector up to 1.7 million

Updated 17 October 2015
0

Nitaqat: Saudis in private sector up to 1.7 million

JEDDAH: The number of Saudis working in the private sector during 2015 rose to 1.7 million, up from about 700,000 in 2011, while the number of Saudi women working in the sector reached about 400,000 employees, up from only 50,000 four years ago.
Ibrahim Al-Mouaikel, director general of the Human Resources Development Fund (HADAF), attributed the rise to the introduction of Nitaqat in 2012 alongside a number of programs and initiatives to support the training and employment of Saudis in the private sector.
Highlighting the future of the labor market at the King Saud University, Al-Mouaikel said the fund is currently working on introducing a new automated system, while the summer program “will be a prerequisite and main program as per the agreement between the Education Ministry and the fund.”
He said that the prevalence of ghost Saudization was a crime and those who rely on such practices were harming the economy.
Some of the most important programs and initiatives offered by the fund include the 3rd Determination Award, programs that aim to help job seekers and students, the summer program and the professional guidance program.


Houthis targetted civilian facility in Najran with an explosives-laden drone, says Arab Coalition

Updated 21 May 2019
0

Houthis targetted civilian facility in Najran with an explosives-laden drone, says Arab Coalition

  • Houthis also fired two ballistic missiles toward the holy city of Makkah and Jeddah on Monday

RIYADH: Houthi militants had tried to hit a civilian facility in Saudi Arabia's southern border province of Najran with a drone carrying explosives, the Arab Coalition supporting Yemen's legitimate government said on Tuesday.
In a statement carried by the Saudi Press Agency (SPA), Colonel Turki Al-Maliki, the spokesman of the Saudi-led military coalition said the target was a vital facility.
"The Houthi-backed terrorist militia of Iran continues to carry out acts of terrorism that pose a real threat to regional and international security by targeting civilian objects and civilian facilities, as well as civilian citizens and residents of all nationalities," Al-Maliki said.

The statement did not mention casualties and gave no further details.

Earlier on Monday, Al-Maliki said Houthis fired two ballistic missiles toward the holy city of Makkah and Jeddah but both were shot down by Saudi air defense forces.

The Iran-backed Houthis have fired dozens of missiles at targets in Saudi Arabia, including the capital Riyadh, since the Arab Coalition intervened in 2015 to restore the government of President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi, which was ousted in a Houthi coup.