No Pakistan mediation between KSA and Iran

Updated 26 January 2016
0

No Pakistan mediation between KSA and Iran

MANAMA: Foreign Minister Adel Al-Jubeir has denied the existence of any Pakistani mediation between Saudi Arabia and Iran, reported BNA on Sunday.

He said many countries have come forward with mediation offers, which have been dismissed by Riyadh. He was speaking on the sidelines of the First Ministerial Meeting of the Arab-India Co-operation Forum on Saturday.
Reports last week said that Pakistan had offered to mediate between the two countries and end a tense situation sparked by the attacks on the Saudi diplomatic missions in Tehran and Mashhad.
“A lot of countries have offered mediation and delivered ideas between Saudi and Iran, but there is no need for this because the Kingdom is aware of its rights and Iran knows what has to be done.”
Al-Jubeir added: “There won’t be any mediation because, for 35 years, Iran has adopted a hostile approach toward Arab countries by meddling in their internal affairs, sowing sectarian strife and backing terrorism as confirmed by numerous strong evidences.”
Iran is among the terrorism-supportive countries listed by the UN and several states other than Saudi Arabia, he pointed out.
“There are governmental agencies in Iran listed as terrorist organizations. There are also officials in Iran's security agencies wanted for their involvement in terrorism. Iran should change its policy and method of dealing with its neighbors on the principle of good neighborliness and refrain from interference in the internal affairs of other countries so that the path will be open to building better relations with its neighbors,” he explained.
“The message is clear – Iran has to change its policies and have a better relationship with its neighboring countries.”
Saudi Arabia severed all diplomatic relations with Iran on Jan. 3, a move that was followed by several other Arab countries, including Bahrain.


Comoros minister praises Muslim World League's development work

Muslim World League Secretary-General Mohammed bin Abdul Karim Al-Issa distributes aid packets among poor families in Comoros. (SPA)
Updated 27 April 2018
0

Comoros minister praises Muslim World League's development work

  • The league’s contribution to the medical field totaled SR6,948,032
  • The league established six educational institutes more than 30 years ago

Comoros’s Minister of State for Foreign Affairs, Hamid Karhila, has commended the development efforts carried out by the Muslim World League (MWL) in his country. 

He also expressed his government’s gratitude to the MWL for its initiative launched by Secretary-General Muhammad bin Abdul Karim Al-Issa.

Karhila said during a visit to the headquarters of the International Association for Relief, Care and Development (IARCD): “The new Comorian government aims to keep this cooperation with the MWL. This would help achieve more developmental and humanitarian projects that serve the Comorian people.”

Secretary-General of the IARCD Abdul Aziz Sarhan said: “The Muslim World League will continue to provide assistance and stand with the needy in all countries around the world.”

Sarhan said that the association carried out various humanitarian, medical and relief projects in the Comoros at a cost of SR10,916,645. These projects benefited 1,104,969 people between 2006 and 2017.

The league’s contribution to the medical field totaled SR6,948,032, which benefited 971,333 people. 

The league established six educational institutes more than 30 years ago. These institutes graduated thousands of students who occupy some of the highest positions in the Republic of the Comoros.

The MWL is also building a mosque at a cost of SR200,000 and working on the construction of an artesian well that cost SR130,000, as well as two surface wells at a cost of SR20,000.