Thief returns cash from Ohio kettle with apology



Associated Press

Published — Saturday 8 December 2012

Last update 7 December 2012 8:18 pm

| نسخة PDF Print News | A A

BOARDMAN, Ohio: A thief who made off with cash from a Salvation Army red kettle at a northern Ohio mall this week apparently has had a change of heart. Police near Youngstown say that two days after the kettle was emptied out, someone left $130 and an apology at the Salvation Army.
A note found at the Salvation Army on Wednesday morning read: “Here is the money I took plus money for a new kettle and bell.” The Vindicator newspaper in Youngstown reports that the note also said “please forgive me.” Police in Boardman say a witness saw someone wearing a Salvation Army jacket take the kettle Monday night while a bell-ringer was on a break.
A Salvation Army official says it’s unclear how much money had been in the kettle.

What's happening around Saudi Arabia

JEDDAH: Labor Minister Mufrej Al-Haqabani has launched a series of electronic projects and facilities provided to the private sector companies, the SPA reported on Sunday.The projects and facilities include electronic visa issuance for the distinguis...
RIYADH: A high-powered team of officials from the Ministry of Health visited the hospitals in Jazan in the southern border to ensure services are in place to serve the patients in the region.The group of officials, comprising Dr. Nahar Al-Azmi, Dr. T...
YANBU: Like many Saudi women, Amani dreamt of becoming a mother, but was unable to have children of her own after many years of marriage. Therefore, she decided to spend her time taking care of orphans with special circumstances in Makkah.However, th...
RIYADH: A total of 43 warehouses were shut down in Jeddah for failing to take safety and health measures.Officials of the general department of Civil Defense in Jeddah carried out inspection at 165 industrial complexes in the industrial zone recently...
JEDDAH: A quarrel between two girls at the Al-Zahour Orphanage in Makkah took a violent turn recently, with one of them reportedly using a sharp instrument to attack the other and injuring her.The attacker was sent to a correction center, while the i...
RIYADH: A woman and three men died on Sunday after contracting the Middle East Respiratory Syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) in Riyadh, bringing the total number of deaths to 507 since June, 2012.According to the latest report issued by the Ministry of...

Stay Connected

Facebook