UN says convoy fired at in Libya



AGENCE FRANCE PRESSE

Published — Wednesday 12 December 2012

Last update 13 December 2012 2:36 am

| نسخة PDF Send to Friend Print News | A A

TRIPOLI: Unknown attackers fired at a convoy transporting United Nations personnel east of the Libyan capital yesterday, a UN spokeswoman told AFP, adding that no one was hurt.
“Yes, indeed there has been an incident. A UN convoy was shot at. There were no injuries,” said Radia Achouri, confirming reports that the attack took place in Khoms, 100 kilometers (60 miles) east of Tripoli.
This is the second attack on a UN convoy in Libya this year.
On April 10, an explosive device was thrown at a convoy carrying Ian Martin, then head of the UN mission to Libya, wounding one person.
Security is the biggest challenge faced by the North African nation in the wake of a conflict that toppled dictator Muammar Qaddafi last year.

Events & Exhibitions

Stay Connected

Facebook