Destroyed: 80% of Houthi ammunition

Destroyed: 80% of Houthi ammunition
Updated 26 April 2015

Destroyed: 80% of Houthi ammunition

Destroyed: 80% of Houthi ammunition

The Saudi-led coalition has so far destroyed 80 percent of Houthi ammunition in Yemen and the threat from their ballistic missiles has been neutralized after Operation Decisive Storm launched more than 106 airstrikes against the militias and their army loyalists during the past 24 hours, said the coalition’s spokesman.
Brig. Gen. Ahmad Al-Assiri said in a daily briefing on Sunday that “the Houthi militias were preparing for an attack on Saudi borders but they were stopped from advancing.”
The Houthis no longer have a central communication command, and their attacks are now “isolated operations,” the spokesman said.
“There is no connection between provinces, because all communication means have been destroyed, leaving their operations isolated especially near the Saudi border,” he added.
Al-Assiri said workshops used by the Houthis to manufacture arms have been completely destroyed. “The Houthis have turned houses, farms and caves into storage and operation command facilities,” he said while showing a black and white slide of an airstrike targeting a makeshift Houthi operation center.
“Notice one of the caves in northern Yemen in Saada. It was targeted on Saturday,” he said. Saada is the northern stronghold region for the Iranian-backed militias.
A large amount of work done by the coalition is showing “tangible results on the ground. The continuous bombing is aimed at putting pressure on the militia and their forces and supporters,” the spokesman said, adding that the strikes focused on Saada and Sanaa and their surrounding areas.
“We have targeted arms depots and ballistic missiles of the Houthis,” Al-Assiri said while commending the operation of the 35th Brigade against the militia in Taez.