No Pakistan mediation between KSA and Iran

Updated 26 January 2016

No Pakistan mediation between KSA and Iran

MANAMA: Foreign Minister Adel Al-Jubeir has denied the existence of any Pakistani mediation between Saudi Arabia and Iran, reported BNA on Sunday.

He said many countries have come forward with mediation offers, which have been dismissed by Riyadh. He was speaking on the sidelines of the First Ministerial Meeting of the Arab-India Co-operation Forum on Saturday.
Reports last week said that Pakistan had offered to mediate between the two countries and end a tense situation sparked by the attacks on the Saudi diplomatic missions in Tehran and Mashhad.
“A lot of countries have offered mediation and delivered ideas between Saudi and Iran, but there is no need for this because the Kingdom is aware of its rights and Iran knows what has to be done.”
Al-Jubeir added: “There won’t be any mediation because, for 35 years, Iran has adopted a hostile approach toward Arab countries by meddling in their internal affairs, sowing sectarian strife and backing terrorism as confirmed by numerous strong evidences.”
Iran is among the terrorism-supportive countries listed by the UN and several states other than Saudi Arabia, he pointed out.
“There are governmental agencies in Iran listed as terrorist organizations. There are also officials in Iran's security agencies wanted for their involvement in terrorism. Iran should change its policy and method of dealing with its neighbors on the principle of good neighborliness and refrain from interference in the internal affairs of other countries so that the path will be open to building better relations with its neighbors,” he explained.
“The message is clear – Iran has to change its policies and have a better relationship with its neighboring countries.”
Saudi Arabia severed all diplomatic relations with Iran on Jan. 3, a move that was followed by several other Arab countries, including Bahrain.


Saudi Arabia announces 37 more deaths from COVID-19

Updated 28 min 13 sec ago

Saudi Arabia announces 37 more deaths from COVID-19

  • The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom has increased to 252,039
  • A total of 3,167 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far

LONDON: Saudi Arabia announced 37 more deaths from COVID-19 and 1,428 new cases of the disease on Sunday.
Of the new cases, 125 were recorded in Makkah, 106 in the capital Riyadh, 68 in Hufof, 59 in Jazan and 57 in Jeddah.
The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom increased to 252,039 after 1,599 more patients recovered from the virus.
A total of 3,167 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far.