Saudi Arabian Airlines gets apology from Kuwaiti company for posting rumors of alleged flights to Tel Aviv

Updated 01 March 2017

Saudi Arabian Airlines gets apology from Kuwaiti company for posting rumors of alleged flights to Tel Aviv

JEDDAH: Saudi Arabian Airlines (Saudia) forced a Kuwaiti company to issue a formal apology in three Kuwaiti newspapers after the company, which specializes in Internet services, falsely announced that Saudia organizes flights from Riyadh to Tel Aviv.
The Kuwaiti company said in the apology statement, which was published in Al-Qabas, Al-Watan and Al-Rai, that it officially apologizes for the false news posted on its website, which was then copied to the social networking site Twitter.
The company said it acknowledges publishing the false news, which was “contrary to the truth,” by claiming that Saudia organizes flights between Riyadh and Tel Aviv.
Mansour Al-Bader, media and public relations director at Saudia, said the management at the Saudi carrier noticed that a tourism and travel office in Kuwait recently published a news item on its website confirming reservations on Saudia flights from Riyadh to Tel Aviv.
“We immediately contacted the office ... and we requested correcting the false information. We did not receive any response in this regard,” said the spokesman.
He added: “Saudia management directed the legal affairs department to follow up on the case, which, in turn, filed a lawsuit against the company in Kuwait.”
The owner of the company then contacted Saudia and expressed deep apologies, and sent a formal letter of apology, and offered to do whatever it takes in exchange for dropping the lawsuit against his company.
Al-Bader said that Saudia demanded publishing an official apology, an official apology statement by the company in three major newspapers in Kuwait, in the size of quarter page on the front page of each paper.
The owner of the company responded to this request and published the official apology statement to end the lawsuit amicably.


Worshippers flock to reopened Prophet’s Mosque for Friday prayers

Updated 06 June 2020

Worshippers flock to reopened Prophet’s Mosque for Friday prayers

MADINAH: Hundreds of thousands of worshippers attended the first Friday prayers to be held at the Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah since the gatherings were suspended to stop the spread of the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) outbreak.

The green light for the resumption of the prayer meetings came as part of a plan to gradually reopen the Kingdom’s mosques while ensuring worshippers and visitors adhered to preventive measures.

A ban on access to the Rawdah remained in place and only groups of worshippers numbering up to a maximum of 40 percent of the mosque’s capacity were being allowed entry.

Precautionary measures also included the allocation of specific doors for the entry of worshippers, the installation of thermal cameras, removal of all carpets so that prayers could be performed on the marble, sanitization of the mosque’s floors and courtyards, periodic opening of domes and canopies to ventilate the mosque, and the removal of Zamzam water containers.

The Prophet’s Mosque in Madinah will be closed after evening prayers and reopened one hour before dawn prayers. Parking lots will operate at 50 percent capacity and a media awareness campaign has been launched to highlight safety procedures at the holy site.

Medical teams have also been stationed at the main entrances to the mosque in cooperation with the Ministry of Health.

Elsewhere in the Kingdom, worshippers also flocked to perform Friday prayers at mosques amid strict health measures.

On May 31, Saudi authorities reopened all mosques for prayers, except in Makkah, as part of the Kingdom’s plan for a gradual return to normal life.

Last week the minister of Islamic affairs, dawah and guidance said that the country’s mosques were ready to welcome back worshippers, following his field trips to check that necessary preparations had been made.

All worshippers must still maintain a distance of 2 meters between rows, wear masks to enter a mosque, and Friday sermons and prayers have been limited to a maximum of 15 minutes.