Saudi citizen account registration continues, no end date given yet

Updated 22 March 2017

Saudi citizen account registration continues, no end date given yet

RIYADH: Registration in the citizen account program continues, and there is no final registration date yet, according to the supervisor at the Social Development Sector in the Ministry of Labor and Social Development, and general supervisor of the citizen account program, Majed Al-Iseimi.
The official said that the allowance of those who did not register for the program yet will be assessed and if eligible, they will be given the allowance at the next disbursement.
He said that the first allowance will be paid in the month preceding the change in prices of energy and water products, adding that “the eligibility of beneficiaries will be assessed periodically, within a specified period each month.”
The general supervisor of the citizen account program said that the files of the beneficiaries will be examined after registration and eligibility reports on beneficiary families are completed.
“All the eligible applicants will be registered automatically and subsidy will be paid to beneficiaries by bank transfer. Allowances will be paid to eligible families before any reforms that may affect citizens are implemented,” Al-Iseimi said.
He added that the ministerial committee responsible for this, formed of ministries of economy and planning, finance, labor and social development, is working on preparing the program’s policies, which will be presented to the royal court.
Al-Iseimi renewed his call on citizens to register for the citizen account program online at http://ca.gov.sa.
If there are queries, problems or complaints about registration, he said, citizens can communicate via the call center number 19912, or through Twitter.
The citizen account program is one of the most important tools in the economic transformation process in the Kingdom, which works to establish the necessary infrastructure to achieve the Kingdom’s Vision 2030 goals.
The program aims to protect small- and medium-income families from the consequences of reforming the government subsidy system by making government subsidy allocations more equitable and suitable to the needs of each individual or family, based on their income.
It also works to ensure an optimal use of resources dedicated to the subsidy.


Ministry makes 14-day gap between two Umrahs mandatory

Each group will be accompanied by supervisors who will ensure pilgrims respect social distancing, and follow instructions and a pre-adopted timeline. (SPA)
Updated 30 September 2020

Ministry makes 14-day gap between two Umrahs mandatory

  • The Kingdom is adopting extra vigilance during the Hajj and Umrah seasons to protect Muslims around the world
  • Umrah app to be available on Android soon

MAKKAH: Pilgrims must wait 14 days before booking another date for Umrah, while the Eatmarna app will be launched on Android soon, the Saudi Ministry of Hajj and Umrah said.

“Pilgrims can perform Umrah twice, but must wait 14 days before performing Umrah the second time, to give a chance to everyone to perform Umrah in line with the necessary precautionary measures brought about by the coronavirus,” Dr. Amr Al-Maddah, the ministry’s chief planning and strategy officer, told Arab News.
The ministry is studying  the available spots that can  be used by the pilgrims to perform Umrah while maintaining social distancing, ensuring health protocols.
Al-Maddah said that so far 35,000 requests have been registered to perform Umrah.
Pilgrims will start performing Umrah on Oct. 4 within the first stage of the Umrah plan this year, in line with health protocols and procedures.
In the first phase, pilgrims will perform Umrah at six different times a day, giving each pilgrim three hours.


He added that between the sunset and evening prayers, pilgrims will not be allowed to perform Umrah and, instead, this period will be allocated to cleaning and disinfecting. “Pilgrims will start performing Umrah at midnight, with the place disinfected before the arrival of each group.”
Each group will be accompanied by supervisors who will ensure pilgrims respect social distancing, and follow instructions and a pre-adopted timeline. Isolation rooms will be provided at the central area’s hotels to handle any potential cases.
The second stage, scheduled to start two weeks later, will be preceded by a comprehensive assessment of the first stage to address any shortcomings.
“The Kingdom is adopting extra vigilance during the Hajj and Umrah seasons to protect Muslims around the world, and allow them to perform their pilgrimage in ease and peace in line with precautionary measures,” said Al-Maddah.
“The three-stage plan will provide feedback on pilgrims’ commitment to protocols and adjustment to current circumstances.”
He said that the app was supposed to be launched earlier, but was delayed due to Android policies.
The app was presented to both Apple and Android at the same time, but Apple completed the procedures earlier, he added.
Meanwhile, the Minister of Islamic Affairs, Call and Guidance, Sheikh Dr. Abdullatif bin Abdul Aziz Al Al-Sheikh, announced the ministry’s readiness to receive Umrah performers in all Miqats in accordance with approved health protocols.
He commended leadership efforts to confront the pandemic, in addition to the government sector role in ensuring the safety of citizens, residents and Umrah performers.