Four Saudis executed for terrorist acts in Qatif

These four Saudi nationsl, (left to right) Yousef Ali Abdullah Al-Mushaikhees, Mahdi Mohammed Hassan Al-Sayegh, Amjad Naji Hassan Al-Muaibeed and Zaher Abdul Rahim Hussein Al-Basri, were executed on Tuesday after they were found guilty of committing terrorist acts. (SPA photos)
Updated 12 July 2017

Four Saudis executed for terrorist acts in Qatif

JEDDAH: Four Saudi nationals convicted of terrorism in Qatif have been executed, the Kingdom’s Ministry of Interior announced on Tuesday.
The four — Zaher Abdul Rahim Hussein Al-Basri, Mahdi Mohammed Hassan Al-Sayegh, Amjad Naji Hassan Al-Muaibeed and Yousef Ali Abdullah Al-Mushaikhees — were handed death sentences for involvement in shootings and trading weapons aimed at destabilizing the country.
Al-Basri had pleaded guilty to working against the government, shooting at the Qatif police station and security patrols, participating in riots, receiving training on how to use Molotov cocktails, and firing machine-guns at the Tarout police station and its security patrols.
The judge also found Al-Mushaikhees guilty for firing twice at the Al-Awamiyah police station, wounding two security men. He also opened fire on security men during a security raid and reported the movements of Saudi security forces to terrorist group.
Al-Sayegh took part in attacks against security forces, and also used Molotov cocktails in targeting security men and the Qatif court building. He obtained a number of weapons and ammunition, participated in riots and sought to cause strife within the country. He was also guilty of drug abuse, trafficking and training with a terrorist group.
Al-Muaibeed joined a terrorist group planning to attack Tarout police station, and detonated a gas cylinder near the station. Al-Muaibeed also received training on the usage of machine-guns and pistols, and participated in demonstrations aimed at hindering security patrols.


Wait is almost over for music fans eager to learn who will headline E-Prix concerts

Updated 13 November 2019

Wait is almost over for music fans eager to learn who will headline E-Prix concerts

  • Organizers promise this year’s line-up of international stars at Diriyah event will be bigger than ever

RIYADH: The first of the major international music acts that will perform at the Diriyah E-Prix this month will be announced on Wednesday.

There were incredible scenes at the event last year when David Guetta, One Republic, the Black Eyed Peas, Amr Diab, Enrique Iglesias and Jason Derulo rocked the UNESCO World Heritage site. About 40,000 fans flocked to the Diriyah Circuit, on the outskirts of Riyadh, for the after-race concerts, the first unsegregated music events in Saudi Arabia

The stage is set for even bigger and better things this year, with the promise of another two nights of unmissable music on Nov. 22 and 23 as the E-Prix racing returns.

“If you were one of the 40,000 who were lucky enough to be part of that watershed moment (last year) for the Kingdom, believe me, you have not seen anything yet,” said Prince Abdul Aziz Al-Faisal Al-Saud, chairman of the General Sports Authority.

“Last year we told people before we announced (the acts) they should get their tickets early to avoid disappointment. Once we revealed who was coming, the tickets sold out incredibly quickly. This year will be the same but even bigger, so for music fans who want to enjoy the biggest concerts in Saudi Arabia, the smart move is to get your ticket now.”

The Diriyah E Prix kicks off the sixth season of the ABB FIA Formula E Championship, the world’s premier all-electric motorsport series, with a double header of races. It also marks the start of Diriyah Season, a month of sport, entertainment, art, cultural festivities, food and retail experiences. Tickets for the Diriyah E Prix, which include entry to the after-race concerts, are available at www.diriyahseason.sa.