Saudi Arabia's King Salman and other world leaders have expressed solidarity with Egypt following Friday's terrorist attack on a mosque in North Sinai, in which at least 235 people were killed and 109 injured on Friday.
Below are some of the statements issued:
• This terrorist act is incompatible with the Islamic religion and human values. Saudi Arabia, once again, reiterates its unflinching stand to provide Egypt with necessary assistance to combat terrorist acts.
— Saudi King Salman
• We condemn this terrorist act that targeted innocent lives.
— Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman
• Our stand with Egypt is strong and such terrorist attacks will not deter us from fighting and beating terrorism.
— Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Zayed
• Justice will be served against all those who participated, contributed, supported, funded, or instigated this cowardly attack.
— Egyptian President Abdel Fattah El-Sisi
• The world cannot tolerate terrorism. We must defeat them militarily and discredit the extremist ideology that forms the basis of their existence.
— US President Donald Trump
• Appalled by the sickening attack. Condolences with all those in Egypt affected by this evil and cowardly act.
— British Premier Theresa May
• It is a terrifying crime which again shows that Islam is innocent of those who follow extremist terrorist ideology.
— Arab League Secretary-General Ahmed Aboul Gheit