Saudi air defense intercepts ballistic missile over Najran

1 / 3
Fragments of the missile seen on the ground. (Asharq Al-Awsat)
2 / 3
The scattered fragments of the missile caused minor damage on the ground. (Asharq Al-Awsat)
3 / 3
The Royal Saudi Air Defense forces intercepted the missile. (Asharq Al-Awsat)
Updated 06 January 2018

Saudi air defense intercepts ballistic missile over Najran

DUBAI: Royal Saudi Air Defense forces intercepted a ballistic missile on Friday over the southern province of Najran, bordering Yemen.
The foiled attack took place shortly after Houthi affiliated news channel Al-Masirah TV published a statement stating that the militias had fired a missile at Saudi Arabia.
“This hostile act by the Iran-backed Houthis proves the Iranian regime remains implicated in supporting the armed Houthis,” spokesman of the Arab Coalition, Col. Turki Al-Malki said.




Debris at the scene. (Asharq Al-Awsat)

Maliki said Friday’s attack “deliberately targeted densely populated civilian areas.”
The scattered fragments of the missile caused minor damage to private property of one citizen, however there was no loss of life, Saudi Arabia’s state news agency SPA reported.
Meanwhile last year, the Iran-backed Houthi militias in Yemen intensified their attempts on Saudi Arabia, targeting several civilian areas in the kingdom.
Last month, Houthi militias fired a ballistic missile at Riyadh, this time targeting Al-Yamamah Royal Palace in the Saudi capital.
While in Nov. the militias launched a missile targeting King Khalid International Airport. Saudi air defense intercepted the missile and shot it down without causing any damage. 
A UN Security Council-appointed panel confirmed the missile was manufactured in Iran, along with three other missiles fired from Yemen toward the Kingdom in 2017.
Houthi aggression towards Saudi Arabia caused a global outcray with a number of countries and organizations condemning the launch of ballistic missiles targeting the kingdom.
 


Saudi CERT warns against phishing attacks in relation to COVID-19

Updated 10 April 2020

Saudi CERT warns against phishing attacks in relation to COVID-19

JEDDAH: The Saudi Computer Emergency Response Team (Saudi CERT) has warned that people are using the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic to initiate online phishing scams and attempt to steal personal information.

“Be careful and beware of messages that you could receive from fake accounts under the name of  the Ministry of Health asking you to click on an unknown link,” Saudi CERT wrote on Twitter.

Saudi CERT shared a number of tips to avoid falling for such scams: “Continuously follow reliable news sources from the Ministry of Health’s official accounts, make sure that the messages received are from official accounts and check with the sender before opening anonymous links.”