Saudi security expo to be held in Riyadh in November

Updated 26 May 2018

Saudi security expo to be held in Riyadh in November

JEDDAH: The higher organizing committee of the “Saudi National Security & Risk Prevention Expo,” along with Reed Sunaidi Exhibitions supported by Reed Exhibitions Middle East, organized the first workshop in the Meet-Up series to prepare the program of the expo, which will be held in Riyadh from Nov. 4-6.
Participants at the workshop, which was held in Riyadh last Sunday, included government members from the committee and representatives from international and local industry leaders including Thales, Airbus, Huawei, Microsoft and Booz Allen Hamilton. 
They agreed to create a special committee recommending and proposing topics and initiatives to be developed on the sidelines of the planned exhibition, with a special focus on the impact of digital transformation and artificial intelligence in Hajj safety and security and smart and safe cities.
Major General Abdulrahman Al Husayni, Civil Defense’s assistant director-general for safety, said: “As national security represents a top priority for the Kingdom, Saudi Arabia, represented by the Ministry of Interior, actively looks to attract international companies which are interested in investing in potential future projects and provide innovative security solutions to enhance the security sector. The strong interest exhibited by companies in participating in this important event and discussing future projects is a reflection of these efforts.”
Al-Husayni said that the event will see strong attendance by officials from the Ministry of Interior who will participate in the meetings and workshops taking place alongside the exhibition, in addition to the participation of a number of experts, agencies and investors.


COVID-19 claims 42 more lives in Saudi Arabia

Updated 12 July 2020

COVID-19 claims 42 more lives in Saudi Arabia

  • The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom has increased to 167,138
  • A total of 2,223 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia recorded 42 more deaths from COVID-19 and 2,779 new confirmed cases of the disease on Sunday.
Of the new cases, 247 were recorded in Riyadh, 191 in Jeddah, 164 in Hufof, 157 in Dammam and 157 in Makkah.
The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom increased to 167,138 after 1,742 more patients recovered from the virus.
A total of 2,223 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far.