Arab coalition operation against missile and drone sites ‘thwarted Houthi militia attack’

A Screengrab from the coalition press conference shows the area that the military operation targeted.
Updated 02 November 2018

Arab coalition operation against missile and drone sites ‘thwarted Houthi militia attack’

  • Saudi Arabia’s air defense forces intercepted a ballistic missile launched by the Iranian-backed Houthi militia from within Yemen territory toward Najran on Friday.
  • The missile was launched from Saada, Yemen, toward the Saudi Arabian city of Najran.

JEDDAH: An Arab coalition military operation against missile and drone sites on Thursday thwarted a Houthi militia attack.

Coalition spokesman Col. Turki Al-Malki provided more details about the mission during a special briefing on Friday.

The operation targeted ballistic-missile launch and storage sites, UAV ground stations, bomb-making and assembly workshops and their support locations at Al-Dailami air base in Sanaa. The base is linked to the city’s main civilian airport.

Col. Turki Al-Malki said Sanaa International Airport is being used for UAV training, and Thursday’s operation targeted a site which was being used to store ballistic missiles, at the coalition press conference.
He added that coalition forces are monitoring all suspicious operations.
Al-Malki said the Houthi militia continuously rejects the efforts of the international community, especially the members of the Security Council, to reach a political solution. He called on them to comply with the will of the international community and the Yemeni people.
Earlier on Friday, Saudi Arabia’s air defense forces intercepted a ballistic missile launched by the Iranian-backed Houthi militia from within Yemen territory toward Najran.
The missile was intercepted at 06.17am and was launched from Saada, Yemen, toward the Saudi Arabian city of Najran.
Col. Al-Maliki added that the missile aimed to target civilian and populated areas.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


COVID-19 claims 42 more lives in Saudi Arabia

Updated 12 July 2020

COVID-19 claims 42 more lives in Saudi Arabia

  • The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom has increased to 167,138
  • A total of 2,223 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia recorded 42 more deaths from COVID-19 and 2,779 new confirmed cases of the disease on Sunday.
Of the new cases, 247 were recorded in Riyadh, 191 in Jeddah, 164 in Hufof, 157 in Dammam and 157 in Makkah.
The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom increased to 167,138 after 1,742 more patients recovered from the virus.
A total of 2,223 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far.