Saudi regional governor launches public ethics campaign

1 / 2
Prince Turki bin Talal bin AbdulAziz, governor of Asir, has launched a public ethics campaign in the Kingdom. (SPA)
2 / 2
Prince Turki bin Talal bin AbdulAziz, governor of Asir, has launched a public ethics campaign in the Kingdom. (SPA)
Updated 01 November 2019

Saudi regional governor launches public ethics campaign

  • Involves list of required standards of behavior, adopted by Saudi leadership
  • Induction campaign was launched in schools and institutions

ABHA: A public ethics campaign aimed at promoting traditional Saudi values and respect has been launched by Asir Gov. Prince Turki bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz.
A list of required standards of behavior, adopted by the Saudi leadership, showed that the Kingdom had “principles, traditions, and values that we are proud of and that we rely on to look for a better future by the will of God,” he said.
Speaking at the launch of an induction campaign of the list, Prince Turki said: “All of us whether officials, citizens, or residents, are required to stick to these values, traditions, good behavior, and respect of others, and to be role models with our high Islamic values that we coexist by.”
He noted that there was no longer room for misbehaving, “for now we go back to public ethics that your fathers and grandfathers stuck to.”
Prof. Mohammed Al-Omari, of King Khalid University, said that the majority of society stuck to Islamic values in their public ethics and from their upbringing.
Following the launch, director of Asir Police, Maj. Gen. Abdul Aziz bin Saleh Al-Maghlouth, outlined the list, its concept, and 19 sanctions endorsed through joint coordination between the Ministry of Interior and the Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage (SCTH).
He said the list, effective throughout Asir, applied to those who breached its ethics in public places and caused damage to visitors.
As well as being publicized in all regions, an induction campaign was launched in schools and institutions to introduce and raise awareness of the objectives of the list.


Saudi Arabia announces further drop in new COVID-19 cases

Updated 27 September 2020

Saudi Arabia announces further drop in new COVID-19 cases

  • The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom has increased to 317,005
  • A total of 4,683 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far

LONDON: Saudi Arabia announced 28 more deaths from the coronavirus and 403 new cases of the disease on Sunday.
Of the new cases, 43 were recorded in Madinah, 43 in Jeddah, 32 in Makkah, 32 in Hufof, 29 in Riyadh, and 20 in Hail.
The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom increased to 317,005 after 600 more patients recovered from the virus.
A total of 4,683 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far.