Saudi minister unveils instant visa service for small businesses

 Saudi minister unveils instant visa service for small businesses
Al-Rajhi added that the ministry carried out a number of extensive studies to determine the requirements of small businesses for migrant workers. (SPA)
Updated 20 November 2019

Saudi minister unveils instant visa service for small businesses

 Saudi minister unveils instant visa service for small businesses
  • Al-Rajhi said the ministry will provide a comprehensive set of integrated tools for small-business owners

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia has unveiled plans to launch an instant work-visa service next month, through its Qiwa platform, that is specially designed to help new small businesses. Ahmed Al-Rajhi, the minister of labor and social development, said that it will enable young Saudis to launch start-up projects, open small businesses, boost economic growth and accelerate business expansion plans, which will have a positive impact on national development.

During a meeting with entrepreneurs from Hail Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Al-Rajhi said the ministry will provide a comprehensive set of integrated tools for small-business owners, along with a framework for nationalizing the workforce of such enterprises, after an initial grace period, under the Saudi nationalization scheme, Nitaqat. This will help to maintain the stability and continuity of the business during its early days.

He added that the ministry carried out a number of extensive studies to determine the requirements of small businesses for migrant workers, so that the new visa service meets their needs. The ministry places special importance on emerging projects, he said, as part of its role in developing the country's economy, creating job opportunities for young Saudis, and empowering them in the job market.

Earlier, the Ministry of Labor and Social Development launched a visa service for established businesses that are in the process of expanding, as part of its efforts to increase the annual growth of recently established enterprises.


Saudi Arabia announces 12 more COVID-19 deaths

Updated 15 min 35 sec ago

Saudi Arabia announces 12 more COVID-19 deaths

Saudi Arabia announces 12 more COVID-19 deaths
  • The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom has increased to 347,513
  • A total of 5,919 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far

LONDON: Saudi Arabia announced 12 deaths from COVID-19 and 249 new infections on Wednesday.
Of the new cases, 65 were recorded in Riyadh, 51 in Makkah, 32 in Madinah, 29 in the Eastern Province and 13 in Najran.
The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom increased to 347,513 after 337 more patients recovered from the virus.
A total of 5,919 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far.