Muslim World League Secretary-General Al-Issa calls for lessons of Srebrenica to be learnt

Muslim World League Secretary-General Al-Issa calls for lessons of Srebrenica to be learnt
1 / 3
Dr. Mohammed bin Abdul Karim Al-Issa led a delegation of Muslim scholars and other religious leaders to the town of Srebrenica. (SPA)
Muslim World League Secretary-General Al-Issa calls for lessons of Srebrenica to be learnt
2 / 3
Dr. Mohammed bin Abdul Karim Al-Issa led a delegation of Muslim scholars and other religious leaders to the town of Srebrenica. (SPA)
Muslim World League Secretary-General Al-Issa calls for lessons of Srebrenica to be learnt
3 / 3
Dr. Mohammed bin Abdul Karim Al-Issa led a delegation of Muslim scholars and other religious leaders to the town of Srebrenica. (SPA)
Short Url
Updated 10 February 2020

Muslim World League Secretary-General Al-Issa calls for lessons of Srebrenica to be learnt

Muslim World League Secretary-General Al-Issa calls for lessons of Srebrenica to be learnt
  • Dr. Mohammed bin Abdul Karim Al-Issa: The Srebrenica Museum should be a center radiating peace, where one can learn from the past
  • The Srebrenica massacre, carried out by Serbian forces, claimed the lives of 8,372 men and boys in July 1995

SREBRENICA: Dr. Mohammed bin Abdul Karim Al-Issa, secretary-general of the Muslim World League (MWL) and president of the Association of Muslim Scholars, led a delegation of Muslim scholars and other religious leaders to the town of Srebrenica, the site of a massacre in Bosnia and Herzegovina, where Muslims were subjected to a genocide in the 1990s.

Al-Issa stressed that all members of the delegation condemned the dreadful crimes that took place in the town. 

“The Srebrenica Museum should be a center radiating peace, where one can learn from the past. The women who lost their husbands and children in that massacre told me that they’ve known great sorrow, but they do not bear hatred,” he said.

“We are certain that this duty of solidarity, which gathered leading Muslim scholars, thinkers and academics with many other religious leaders to visit the massacre sites in Bosnia, Herzegovina and Poland, reflects a form of brotherhood and a just attitude towards these horrific crimes,” he added.

The Srebrenica massacre claimed the lives of 8,372 men and boys in July 1995. It was carried out by Serbian forces, and the wider conflict led to the displacement of thousands of Muslims from the region. Historians consider the massacre among the most horrific war crimes on the European continent since the Second World War.


Saudi Arabia announces 3 more COVID-19 deaths

Saudi Arabia announces 3 more COVID-19 deaths
Updated 15 January 2021

Saudi Arabia announces 3 more COVID-19 deaths

Saudi Arabia announces 3 more COVID-19 deaths
  • The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom has increased to 356,382
  • A total of 6,313 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far

LONDON: Saudi Arabia announced 3 deaths from COVID-19 and 173 new infections on Friday.
Of the new cases, 66 were recorded in Riyadh, 43 in Makkah, 32 in the Eastern Province, 9 in Madinah, 4 in Asir, 2 in Najran and 1 in Jazan.
The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom increased to 356,382 after 181 more patients recovered from the virus.
A total of 6,313 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far.