Jasir Al-Herbish, CEO of the Saudi Heritage Commission

Jasir Al-Herbish
Short Url
Updated 09 April 2020

Jasir Al-Herbish, CEO of the Saudi Heritage Commission

Prince Badr bin Abdullah bin Farhan, Saudi Arabia's minister of culture, has appointed Jasir Al-Herbish as CEO of the Heritage Commission, as part of the ministry’s efforts to organize and develop the heritage sector.

Al-Herbish has rich experience in the heritage field. He was the general supervisor of the National Handicrafts Program (Bari) and participated with the Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage (SCTH) in the establishment and operation of the program, as well as the implementation of the first phase’s projects, which included the draft of the national crafts system, the launching of the national register of artisans and craftsmen, and approving the establishment of the National Crafts Company. 

He also contributed to founding Torathuna Social Responsibility Company, owned by Saudi Aramco, in addition to playing a part in projects for the documentation, marketing and institutional building of the crafts and handicrafts sector.

Al-Herbish has a master’s degree and a doctorate in computer engineering and sciences from the University of Connecticut in the US.

 The commission will assume a set of tasks and functions to organize and develop the heritage sector. These include building the development strategy of the sector and following up on its implementation under the supervision of the Ministry of Culture, licensing heritage-related activities, laying down regulations for the sector and encouraging financing and investment in areas related to the commission’s work.

It will also provide training courses, in addition to supporting the protection of intellectual property rights in areas related to heritage.

The Ministry of Culture launched the commission as part of its belief in the importance of preserving national heritage and the need to develop it to express the Kingdom’s history.

The commission is one of the 11 cultural bodies launched by the Ministry of Culture to manage the Saudi cultural sector in its various specialties and support Saudi talents across the Kingdom.


Saudi Arabia announces 32 more COVID-19 deaths

Updated 7 min 49 sec ago

Saudi Arabia announces 32 more COVID-19 deaths

  • The health ministry said 806 more people have recovered from the virus
  • A total of 68,965 patients have recovered from the disease in the Kingdom so far

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia announced 32 more deaths from the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and 1,975 new cases of the disease on Thursday.
Of the new cases, 675 were recorded in Riyadh, 286 in Makkah, 259 in Jeddah, 124 in Madinah and 112 in Hufof.
The health ministry added that 806 more people have recovered from the virus, taking the total number of recoveries in the Kingdom to 68,965.
A total of 611 people have died of the disease in the Kingdom so far.
Health minister Dr. Tawfiq Rabiah urged all citizens and residents earlier this week to wear a mask to help stop the spread of the virus.
“The transmission of COVID-19 will be significantly reduced If everyone commits to wearing a mask when leaving their homes. We urge you to comply with healthy precautionary measures, and ask that you remind those who do not adhere,” he said.