Saudi mining sector, geological survey program to feature on Mines and Money [email protected] webinar

Saudi mining sector, geological survey program to feature on Mines and Money 5@5 webinar
The Kingdom’s geological survey program is one of the world’s largest, and contracts for its first phase were signed last week with a number of national and international entities for a total exceeding SR500 million ($133.3 million). (Saudi Geological Survey)
Short Url
Updated 27 October 2020

Saudi mining sector, geological survey program to feature on Mines and Money [email protected] webinar

Saudi mining sector, geological survey program to feature on Mines and Money 5@5 webinar
  • The webinar will discuss the upgrade of the Kingdom’s mining sector’s digital platform, Ta’adin

LONDON: A webinar focusing on Saudi Arabia’s burgeoning mining sector will be hosted on Thursday, with the participation of the Kingdom’s vice minister for mining, industry and mineral resources.

Khalid Al-Mudaifer will join the Mines and Money [email protected] session titled “Regional Geological Survey Program — The Foundation for a new Saudi Mining Sector.”

During the session, sponsored by the Saudi Geological Survey, the [email protected] team will discuss the Kingdom’s newly launched regional geological survey program and its role in Saudi Arabia’s mining strategy as part of Vision 2030.

The webinar will also discuss the upgrade of the Kingdom’s mining sector’s digital platform, Ta’adin, as well as the effect of the program on Saudi Arabia’s National Geological Database and National Core Library, and the upcoming full activation of Saudi Arabia’s new mining investment law.

The Kingdom’s geological survey program is one of the world’s largest, and contracts for its first phase were signed last week with a number of national and international entities for a total exceeding SR500 million ($133.3 million).


Saudi Cabinet strongly condemns continuous Houthi violations

Saudi Cabinet strongly condemns continuous Houthi violations
Updated 20 January 2021

Saudi Cabinet strongly condemns continuous Houthi violations

Saudi Cabinet strongly condemns continuous Houthi violations
  • The remarks were made on Tuesday during a virtual session chaired by King Salman

RIYADH: The Saudi Cabinet strongly condemned the continued violations by Houthi militia of the Stockholm Agreement to end the Yemen conflict.
It also condemned the Houthi’s use of Hodeidah Governorate as a “platform for hostilities and terrorist operations” by launching ballistic missiles and drones.
Such actions, the Cabinet said, is a threat to regional and international security, and undermines political efforts to end the conflict.
The remarks were made on Tuesday during a virtual session chaired by King Salman.
At the beginning of the session, the Cabinet said it valued Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman’s participation in a recent World Economic Forum event and his speech about the role that Saudi Arabia has played promoting development and supporting the stability of the region, as well as preserving the energy supply market.