RIYADH: A consortium led by US-based EIG Global Energy Partners has hired Citi and JPMorgan to help refinance a loan that backed its acquisition of a stake in Saudi Aramco's oil pipelines network last year.
Reuters reported the move on Monday citing bank documents and an investor presentation.
The banks will advise issuer EIG Pearl Holdings on the sale of dual-tranche US dollar-denominated amortising bonds, the documents showed.
The bond offering will partly refinance the $10.8 billion term debt facility that backed the deal.
The loan would be refinanced across two or three bond deals, with the first bond issue likely to be at least $4 billion, Reuters said, citing sources.
The consortium bought 49 percent of the Aramco Oil Pipelines Co. in June while the oil giant, Saudi Aramco, holds the remaining 51 percent stake.
Investors in the stake include the investment arm of Saudi Arabia's largest pension fund, Hassana, China's state-owned Silk Road Fund, and Korea's Samsung Asset Management, the investor presentation showed.