MINA: Hajj officials said the pilgrimage process was going smoothly amid advanced security and health services.
Health Ministry spokesman Dr. Mohammed Al-Abd Al-Aly told a press conference in Mina that there had been no outbreaks of epidemics and no diseases that threatened public health recorded among pilgrims and worshippers.
He said it was very important that people avoid the heat so they could avoid sunstroke, adding that more than 65, 000 pilgrims had benefitted from the medical services on offer. These services varied from minor health care assistance to sophisticated medical procedures.
The procedures included 108 cardiac catheterizations, 313 dialysis sessions, and 107 surgeries. There were 107 other surgeries and 10 endoscopic procedures.
Interior Ministry spokesman Col. Talal Al-Shalhoub said all pilgrims had arrived in Arafat by 8:15 a.m. on Friday.
“Some five hours after they had all arrived, the pilgrims performed Dhuhr and Asr prayers combined and shortened at Namirah Mosque.”
Al-Shalhoub added that specialist seasonal administrative committees had issued decisions against 23 violators for transporting unauthorized people into the holy sites.
On Thursday, 54-year-old Syrian pilgrim Maddah Ahmed was taken to King Abdullah Medical City after suffering a heart attack. He continued with his Hajj rituals after receiving the necessary medical treatment.
Health Minister Fahad Al-Jalajel said services were being provided at full capacity during this Hajj season, adding that adherence to health requirements and raising awareness about using umbrellas had proved helpful. He said three cases of heatstroke had been recorded among pilgrims.
Al-Jalajel said the ministry's early preparations, infrastructure readiness, applying requirements, early examination, monitoring, and investigation processes had been effective factors in maintaining the health and safety of pilgrims.