Companies vie for fingerprinting system contract

Updated 15 February 2015

Companies vie for fingerprinting system contract

The Ministry of Education will float tenders for the project of the fingerprint attendance and leave system as soon as it completes the specification handbook.
The ministry gave the chance to all the specialized companies to offer their bids and provide 45 education departments with the electronic-fingerprint devices.
The Ministry of Education will implement the electronic fingerprint system for attendance and leave in three stages. The first stage will involve the new headquarters of the ministry and all education departments outside the headquarters for boys and girls within one year.
The second stage will involve the offices of education and will be implemented within less than three months of ending the first stage. The third and final stage will involve boys and girls schools for all levels of study and to be implemented within less than 6 months of completing the second stage.
Muhammad Saad Al-Shathri, undersecretary at the ministry and general supervisor for financial and administrative affairs, said a special committee was formed and tasked with developing the necessary studies for the project following a circular from the minister of education in this regard.
Al-Shathri said the studies to implement the system will seriously address the obstacles seeking to apply it within the time frame defined. The main obstacle is the electronic linking of some remote villages.
The undersecretary said the ministry will complete the application of the first stage of the system within less than one year. The second and third stages will soon follow according to time schedule.
Earlier, Al-Shathri said the cost of implementing the system will be announced only after tenders for the project are floated.
The move comes after a number of school principals announced that they have installed surveillance cameras at school building to monitor the education process and impose administrative discipline on students and teachers. The cameras were installed at locations where students mostly gather, such as courtyards, playing courts, corridors and cafeterias.
The Ministry of Education lately scooped the award for the best government service via mobile appliances in the education sector in the Arab world.
The final results were announced during the 3rd Government Summit 2015 held under the auspices of Sheikh Mohammed bin Rashid Al-Maktoum, vice president and prime minister of the UAE and ruler of Dubai.
Saudi Arabia was in the lead of Arab countries with 30 participants in the second edition of the award launched by the UAE government involving local, Arab and international participation in eight different sectors.


Saudi Arabia announces 37 more deaths from COVID-19

Updated 34 min 55 sec ago

Saudi Arabia announces 37 more deaths from COVID-19

  • The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom has increased to 252,039
  • A total of 3,167 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far

LONDON: Saudi Arabia announced 37 more deaths from COVID-19 and 1,428 new cases of the disease on Sunday.
Of the new cases, 125 were recorded in Makkah, 106 in the capital Riyadh, 68 in Hufof, 59 in Jazan and 57 in Jeddah.
The total number of recoveries in the Kingdom increased to 252,039 after 1,599 more patients recovered from the virus.
A total of 3,167 people have succumbed to the virus in the Kingdom so far.