Life normal in Najran after Houthi shelling

1 / 2
2 / 2
Updated 10 May 2015

Life normal in Najran after Houthi shelling

Life in the southwestern border region of Najran remains normal with residents going about their day-to-day business as usual. The Saudi Press Agency (SPA) posted a set of pictures Thursday showing public life after Houthi militias staged an assault on the area from across the Yemeni border.
The pictures show daily activities being practiced “without the negative effects of Houthi terrorist operations,” SPA said.
The agency said the the country's armed forces and the Border Guard in Najran are working to protect the Kingdom and citizens from any attack.
Shells fired from Yemen killed five people in the region on Wednesday, the Civil Defense said. Three others died in a mortar and rocket attack on Najran on Tuesday. It was "killing for the sake of killing," coalition spokesman Brig. Gen. Ahmed Al-Assiri said Thursday during the daily briefing.
On Thursday. the Kingdom floated a proposal for cease-fire in the Saudi-led coalition strikes on Yemen as long as the Houthis agree to a truce. There was no response from the Houthis and on Friday, the coalition continued striking the militia’s stronghold of Saada.
After the Najran assault, the coalition said the Houthi militia has crossed a "red line" and will pay a high price for their deadly bombardment of Saudi territory.


Curfew imposed in Saudi Arabia’s Dammam, Taif and Qatif governorates

Updated 03 April 2020

Curfew imposed in Saudi Arabia’s Dammam, Taif and Qatif governorates

  • An exception will be made to services and activities previously announced by the ministry
  • Saudi Arabia announced on Thursday five deaths from coronavirus and said that 165 new cases have been detected

DUBAI: A curfew in Saudi Arabia’s Dammam, Taif and Qatif will start on Friday 3p.m. until further notice, state news agency SPA reported, citing Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Interior.
An exception will be made to services and activities previously announced by the ministry. The decision is part of the country’s efforts to curb the spread of coronavirus.
Saudi Arabia announced on Thursday five deaths from coronavirus and said that 165 new cases have been detected. Of the new cases, 48 were detected in Makkah and 46 in Madinah.
The interior ministry implemented a 24-hour curfew in the two holy cities on Thursday to limit the spread of coronavirus.