Exhibition on moderation inaugurated

Updated 22 April 2016

Exhibition on moderation inaugurated

RIYADH: The chief of the Commission for the Promotion of Virtue and the Prevention of Vice (Haia), Dr. Abdul Rahman bin Abdullah Al-Sindh, recently opened an exhibition to highlight moderation in Islam.
The 10-day exhibition was organized by the Cooperative Office for Call and Guidance to engender good deeds among people of faith.
The opening ceremony was attended by Saad bin Abdullah Al-Biraik, board of management bureau chairman, and Mohammed bin Ibrahim Al-Sibr, executive director of the Cooperative Office for Call and Guidance in Badiah. Islamic scholars and preachers were also present.
Speaking on the occasion, Al-Sanad lauded good deeds, seeking their place in the heart of people of faith, and encouraged his listeners to avoid extreme acts which have harmed Islam and Islamic nations.
“Islam is a religion of moderation and we must do and follow what is right and proper. We are expected to follow the moderation approach, which is in accordance with the teachings of Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him),” he said.
“We should be a link in an unbroken act of advocacy, counseling various programs in accordance with the moderation approach,” he said.
He said that the moderation approach had been “followed by this blessed and prosperous country since the establishment by the Kingdom’s founder King Abdul Aziz.”
Al-Sanad expressed his appreciation to Minister of Islamic Affairs, Endowments, Call and Guidance Saleh Al-Asheikh for his support.
The exhibition was held within the national intellectual security program which targets young people to promote moderation and combat extremism and extremist ideas through social media and the establishment of training courses and meetings.


Saudi Arabia delays May crude prices until after OPEC+ meeting

Updated 05 April 2020

Saudi Arabia delays May crude prices until after OPEC+ meeting

  • OPEC and allies are due to meet on Thursday to discuss a possible new global crude supply cut

DUBAI: Saudi Aramco will delay the release of its crude official selling prices (OSP) for May until April 10 to wait for the outcome of a meeting between OPEC and its allies regarding possible output cuts, a senior Saudi source familiar with the matter said on Sunday.
"It is an unprecedented measure that has not been taken by Aramco before. May OSPs will depend on how the OPEC+ meeting concludes. We are doing what we can to make it successful, including taking this extraordinary step to delay the OSPs," the Saudi source said.
Saudi Aramco typically issues its OSPs by the 5th of each month, setting the trend for Iranian, Kuwaiti and Iraqi prices and affecting more than 12 million barrels of oil per day bound for Asia.
OPEC and allies are due to meet on Thursday to discuss a possible new global crude supply cut to end a price war between Saudi Arabia and Russia which has prompted US President Donald Trump to intervene.
The Saudi source said that Riyadh wants to avoid a repeat of the outcome of a March meeting where oil talks collapsed between OPEC and allies "due to Russia's lack of cooperation with the rest of OPEC+ participants".
Coordinated cuts between OPEC members and others led by Russia expired on March 31 having helped support crude prices since they began in January 2017.
The OPEC+ meeting was initially due for Monday, but was postponed to April 9 "to allow for more time to reach out to all producers including OPEC+ and others," the Saudi source said.