MINA: Makkah Gov. Prince Khaled Al-Faisal, who is also the chairman of the Central Hajj Committee, arrived in Mina on Friday to follow up the work of Hajj.
He was received by a number of officials in the military and civil sectors, led by the director of public security, Lt. Gen. Khalid bin Qarar Al-Harbi.
Meanwhile, the spokesman of the Interior Ministry, Maj. Gen. Mansour Al-Turki, said that the arrival of pilgrims in Mina was completed and transport operations had been operating smoothly on all roads leading to holy sites and Mina.
Pilgrims stayed on the 8th of Dul Hijjah, called Tarwiyah (Watering) Day, in the valley of Mina, following Prophet Muhammad’s tradition on the eve of Arafat Day, the peak of Hajj.
As a result of the efforts of the government of King Salman, pilgrims benefited from security, medical and catering services. Security personnel helped to organize crowds of pilgrims to ensure their safety.
The official spokesman of the Hajj Security Forces Command, Sami bin Mohammed Al-Shwairkh, said that 16,903 people who intended to perform Hajj were returned because they did not obtain a regular Hajj permit, and 218,696 vehicles violating Hajj regulations and instructions were not allowed to enter Makkah.
The official spokesman of the Ministry of Health, Dr. Mohammed bin Khalid Al-Abdalali, said that the general health situation of pilgrims this year was reassuring and no epidemic cases had been recorded.
He said that pilgrims who were patients and unable to move normally would be taken to the holy sites via special medical services and ambulances so that they would be able to perform Hajj rituals.
The spokesman also said that there was a service provided in cooperation with the National Information Center that could identify deceased or unknown persons. This service contributed to providing information for health practitioners so that they could provide the best medical services to pilgrims.