DUBAI: Michael White, who is the head chef and owner of the Altamarea Group, which is composed of Dubai’s Marea restaurant, shares a comforting gnocchetti pasta with red prawns recipe you can make at home. This delicious dish makes for a simple but impressive dinner that seafood fans will undoubtedly revel in.
450g gnocchetti pasta
2 cloves garlic, sliced in olive oil
1 pinch chili flakes
Kosher salt to taste
1ea rosemary sprig
240 ml crustacean stock
240 ml pomodoro
20ea ruby shrimp
100g tomato, diced small
10g parsley, chopped
10g chives, minced
1. Heat the olive oil in a sauté pan over medium-high heat and add the sliced garlic, chili flake, kosher salt and rosemary sprig (crush it with your palm against the cutting board first to release the oils).
2. When the garlic just starts to toast, add the crustacean stock, pomodoro and butter to the pan and simmer.
3. Add the pasta to the boiling, salted water and cook until the desired texture is reached.
4. Add the pasta to the sauce and cook for a minute or two until the pasta is coated and the sauce is thickened.
5. Add the shrimp and diced tomato into the pan and toss to warm.
6. Taste the sauce for seasoning; adjust as needed. Finish the sauce with the parsley and chives.
7. Place the finished gnocchetti in the bowl and serve immediately.