- 15 ambassadors will join Secretary-General Antonio Guterres for the secluded getaway in a country setting.
- The three-day retreat will begin on Friday.
- The University of Tehran's seismology centre said the epicentre of the earthquake was in the sparsely populated Kaki region, around 80 kilometres from the Bushehr plant
- Bushehr has a 1,000 megawatt reactor built by Russia that became operational in 2011 and reached full capacity the following year
- One rocket hit an Airbus 320 and others struck the arrivals hall at Tripoli’s Mitiga airport.
- A security group that controls the airport alligned to Libya’s government said the rockets were fired by men loyal to a militia leader known as Bashir “the Cow.”
- 18 women have accused Jean-Claude Arnault, a major cultural figure in Sweden who is married to a poet who is a member of the academy
- Sex-abuse scandal has forced the ouster of its first-ever woman head and tarnished the reputation of the coveted prize
- Nestle has been locked in a decade-long battle with US rival Mondelez, maker of Cadbury chocolate, over the four-fingered wafer biscuit, which was first sold in 1935.
- The EU’s intellectual property office allowed Nestle in 2006 to trademark what the court calls the “three-dimensional shape of the ‘Kit Kat 4 fingers’ product.”
- Fiction and non-fiction films reflecting current political and social situations in the Arab world will be screened at the festival.
- The week-long festival will open on Friday, April 20.
- Al-Hilal won their 15th top-flight title this season.
- Big summer for Saudi Arabia football with the Green Falcons at the World Cup.