- Some Arab countries have been looking to improve relations with Bashar Al-Assad's regime
- Jordan recalled its ambassador in 2011 but diplomatic ties were never fully severed
- In his first press conference since he was appointed to the role, Turki Al-Sheikh unveiled a number of initiatives and projects
- Planned events include soccer matches featuring Beckham and Zidane, concerts, theater shows and Islamic competitions
- The Misk Pavilion is one of the many signs of the Kingdom’s enthusiastic involvement in the world’s biggest gathering of political, business and thought leaders
- Cohen accused Hezbollah, an Iranian ally, of threatening international peace and security
- Danon alleged that Iran funnels $7 billion to militant groups across the region
- International organizations have expressed alarm, including UNICEF and Save the Children, while domestic activists said children should be protected from criminals
- Mohammad Al-Tuwaijri, Saudi minister of economy and planning, said a move to ease movement of traffic across the border could be followed elsewhere
- Majid Al Futtaim CEO Alain Bejjani: Now there’s this seriousness between Saudi Arabia and the UAE, I hope it gets to frictionless trade
- UAE boss still under spotlight despite side reaching lasts-eight, where they will face Australia.
- Hosts struggled to beat Kyrgyzstan in second-round after underwhelming group stage.
- ‘They are trying to end the freedom of the press, freedom of expression’
- Thousands of Nicaraguans have fled the country to self-imposed exile, including more than 50 journalists