Syrians on Haj, Umrah visas can stay on

Updated 31 December 2014
0

Syrians on Haj, Umrah visas can stay on

The Kingdom has decided to allow Syrians to stay in the country without iqamas as long as their visit, Haj, or Umrah visas are valid, but they would have to correct their status later.
According to the Minister of Justice Mohammed Al-Issa, the ministry would allow Syrians holding these visas to live here legally. Sources indicate the ministry asked the General Directorate of Passports to inquire into the possibility of granting Syrians this concession.
“The Directorate General of Passports replied that this would be permissible as long as the visit visa granted to the individual is valid,” said sources, quoted by the local media.
The ministry issued a circular to all courts, ordering them to implement the decision for eligible Syrians.
The new decision comes after the Ministry of Interior exempted Syrian workers in violation of the residency or labor regulations from deportation during inspection campaigns.
Maj. Gen. Mansour Al-Turki, the security spokesman at the ministry, said the current circumstances in Syria do not allow for the deportation of Syrians in violation of regulations, and the ministry will allow violators an opportunity to correct their status.
Last week, Prince Mohammed bin Naif, minister of Interior, called on the general supervisor of the Saudi national campaign to support Syrians, to cover tuition expenses for children of Syrian refugees in Lebanon.
A number of officials praised these humanitarian efforts, while many refugees in Lebanon sent letters and telegrams, in which they expressed their gratitude and appreciation for the support to allow their children to continue their education in Lebanese schools.


Saudi Arabia intercepts two ballistic missiles fired towards Aramco facility by Houthis

Updated 23 April 2018
0

Saudi Arabia intercepts two ballistic missiles fired towards Aramco facility by Houthis

  • Yemen's armed Houthi movement fired two ballistic missiles at a Saudi Aramco facility in the southern city of Jazan
  • No casualties or damage to property was reported

RIYADH: Yemen's armed Houthi movement fired two ballistic missiles at a Saudi Aramco facility in the southern city of Jizan on Monday, but Saudi news agency SPA said both projectiles were destroyed.
The Houthis' Al-Masirah TV said they had targeted a port belonging to the Saudi state oil giant.
SPA quoted the spokesman for the Saudi-led coalition as saying the two missiles were intercepted over Jazan and their debris fell on residential neighborhoods.
"There were no casualties or damages recorded as of the time of (our) statement," Colonel Turki al-Maliki said.
Aramco did not immediately respond to a request for comment.
The company is building a 400,000-barrel-per-day refinery in Jazan, part of a new economic city on the Red Sea, and it is expected to become fully operational in 2019.
The United Nations says 10,000 people have died in the three-year-old war, and three out of four Yemenis need relief aid.
The coalition says the Houthis are armed and supported by Iran - charges the group and Tehran deny.Meanwhile,