Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Arrives in Riyadh coming from Rawdhat Khuraim

Updated 24 April 2013
0

Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Arrives in Riyadh coming from Rawdhat Khuraim

Riyadh: The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Abdullah bin Abdulaziz Al Saud arrived here today coming from Rawdhat Khuraim.
Upon arrival, the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques was received by Crown Prince Salman bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Deputy Premier and Minister of Defense; Prince Fahd bin Abdullah bin Mohammed bin Abdulrahman, Deputy Minister of Defense; Prince Khalid bin Bandar bin Abdulaziz, Governor of Riyadh Region.
Prince Fahd bin Badr bin Abdulaziz, Governor of Al-Jouf Region; Prince Mohammed bin Naif bin Abdulaziz, Minister of Interior; Prince Talal bin Badr bin Abdulaziz; Prince Khalid bin Badr bin Abdulaziz; Prince Faisal bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, President of the Saudi Red Crescent Authority; Prince Turki bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, Vice Governor of Riyadh Region; and a number of princes and senior officials.
The Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques was accompanied by Prince Faisal bin Mohammed bin Saud Al-Kabeer; Prince Muqrin bin Abdulaziz Al Saud, Second Deputy Premier and Adviser to and Special Envoy of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques; Prince Meteb bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, Minister of State; Member of the Cabinet and Commander of the National Guard; Prince Turki bin Abdullah bin Mohammed, Adviser to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques; Prince Abdulaziz bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, Deputy Minister of Foreign Affairs; Prince Mansour bin Nasser bin Abdulaziz, Adviser to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques; Prince Bandar bin Salman bin Mohammed, Adviser to the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques; Prince Saad bin Abdullah bin Abdulaziz, and a number of princes.


Saudi tourism chief to open Korean culture expo this week

Head of the Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage, Prince Sultan bin Salman bin Abdulaziz, speaks during an interview with AFP at the commission's headquarters in Riyadh, on December 18, 2017. (AFP)
Updated 7 min 18 sec ago
0

Saudi tourism chief to open Korean culture expo this week

  • The top diplomat said more than 440 Saudi students are currently studying in Korea

RIYADH: Prince Sultan bin Salman, president of the Saudi Commission for Tourism and National Heritage (SCTH), and Prof. Bae Kidong, director general of the National Museum of Korea, will jointly inaugurate the first-ever exhibition of Korean history and culture on Dec. 19.
The three-month long cultural jamboree will feature glorious history and heritage of South Korea in the Kingdom.
“The SCTH and the Korean National Museum are jointly organizing this exhibition on Korean history and culture from Dec. 19, 2018, to March 15, 2019, in Riyadh,” said Korean Ambassador Jo Byung-wook. Jo said the exhibition is the continuation of a series of cultural exchanges between the two countries that started with the “Roads of Arabia” exhibition jointly organized by the SCTH and the Korean National Museum in Seoul last year.
The “Roads of Arabia” exhibition was a huge success that attracted tens of thousands of Koreans to Saudi history and culture, he added.
We expect the Korean culture and history exhibition in Riyadh to be equally successful,” said the envoy.
“The Korean exposition will promote the mutual understanding and goodwill between Korea and Saudi Arabia,” he said.
He said the total number of Saudis, who visited Korea in 2017 exceeded 11,300, which represents a marked increase over the past years.
“In fact, it is very encouraging to see more and more Saudis choose Korea as their destination for business, tourism, higher education, and health care,” he added.
The top diplomat said more than 440 Saudi students are currently studying in Korea.
Korea, he said, has played a key role in the development of the Kingdom’s infrastructure while Riyadh has been a stable energy supplier to Seoul.