3 new coronavirus cases discovered in Al-Ahsa



RIYADH: MD RASOOLDEEN

Published — Sunday 5 May 2013

Last update 12 May 2013 7:23 am

| نسخة PDF Print News | A A

Three more people have been diagnosed with coronavirus, raising the number of victims to 10.
The newly identified victims are also from Al-Ahsa province. It brings to 27 the global total of confirmed cases, including 16 deaths.
Last week, the virus killed five people in the Kingdom and put two more patients in intensive care in Al-Ahsa.
Health Ministry Spokesman Dr. Khalid Al-Mirghalani said the two patients infected last week remain in ICU, while among the three new cases, only one is in ICU.
Meanwhile, five Saudis who died last week had not traveled abroad, a Health Ministry doctor said yesterday.
Dr. Ziad Memish, who heads the ministry's Disease Prevention Unit, told AFP: “After questioning relatives, it turned out that none of these people had been abroad before being infected.”
The ministry was working closely with the WHO over cases registered in Saudi Arabia but did not need help from foreign medical teams, Memish said.
Memish said the doctors found out that the 10 patients have contracted the disease locally, and that they have no history of recent travel abroad.
He stressed that there was no cause for alarm about the infection as the ministry had already taken all preventive measures to keep the disease under control.

What's happening around Saudi Arabia

JEDDAH: A number of prominent Saudi women have cited several reasons for not running as candidates in the upcoming municipal elections. Some of them are an alleged lack of clarity on nominations and voting; they are too busy; and they want to make wa...
ALKHOBAR: A short circuit involving a transformer in the basement of the residential complex of Saudi Aramco resulted in the fire on Sunday, according to a preliminary probe.The blaze continued for over five hours in the residential towers. The fire...
JEDDAH: At the weekly Cabinet meeting on Tuesday, Vice Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques Prince Mohammed bin Naif briefed the Cabinet on the talks held by Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman with President Abed Rabbo Mansour Hadi of Yemen,...
JEDDAH: Private schools have been devising new ways to raise money from parents to circumvent the Education Ministry’s cap on fee increases, a local publication reported here recently.Schools now charge for services that do not require the ministry’s...
JEDDAH: Vice Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques, Minister of Interior and Chairman of the Supreme Haj Committee Prince Mohammed bin Naif has approved the general plan for implementation of Civil Defense works in emergency cases during the current Haj...
RIYADH: The government has shut down a cosmetics factory in Riyadh for using undisclosed raw materials and unhygienic process at its production facility.A team from the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, during a routine inspection, found the plant u...

Stay Connected

Facebook