20 Palestinians killed in Al-Aqsa clashes: Report

An Israeli border policewoman holds her weapon while checking the ID of Palestinians on their way to Friday noon prayer at the Al-Aqsa mosque compound in Jerusalem's old city on Friday. (AFP / HAZEM BADER)
Updated 04 August 2017
0

20 Palestinians killed in Al-Aqsa clashes: Report

JERUSALEM: Last month’s clashes over Jerusalem’s Al-Aqsa Mosque claimed the lives of 20 Palestinians, including five children, according to the Abdullah Al-Hourani Center for Studies and Documentation.
Some 1,400 Palestinians were wounded, including children, the report said. This year so far has seen 63 Palestinians killed, including 15 children, with Israeli authorities keeping 13 corpses in refrigerators in violation of international humanitarian law, the report added.
Last month, Israeli forces arrested more than 600 Palestinians, including dozens of children, the report said.
Israeli authorities in July approved construction of 1,935 housing units in Jewish settlements in Jerusalem, the report added.
Israel in June demolished 33 Palestinian homes and a facility in the West Bank, and 17 homes in Jerusalem, the report said.
It noted a rise in settler attacks throughout the West Bank, including Jerusalem.


Libya loses 400,000 barrels of storage capacity due to militant attacks

Updated 19 June 2018
0

Libya loses 400,000 barrels of storage capacity due to militant attacks

LONDON: Libya’s National Oil Corporation (NOC) said that at least 400,000 barrels of storage capacity has been lost within the past few days due to militant attacks on Ras Lanuf and Al-Sidra.
The NOC announced Monday that it has suffered “catastrophic losses” when two storage tanks were destroyed during fierce clashes in its oil crescent, northeast of the country.
Armed groups on Thursday attacked the Ras Lanuf and Al-Sidra terminals held by Haftar’s forces around 650 kilometers (400 miles) east of Tripoli.
Haftar led a “major offensive” on Sunday following the attacks to drive rival groups from the country’s northeastern oil crescent.
NOC chief Mustafa Sonallah warned in statements carried by Reuters that if oil exports from these terminals remain at a standstill it could cause a “national disaster.”
The oil firm warned on Friday that output could fall by up to 400,000 barrels per day if the export shutdown continues.