How the YouGov poll was conducted

Updated 07 August 2017
0

How the YouGov poll was conducted

It has been a little over two months since the start of the Arab diplomatic crisis. Whilst there has been significant coverage and interest surrounding the dispute with Qatar in the region, its wider impact on public opinion remains unclear.
As part of the continued partnership between YouGov and Arab News to reveal American views of the Arab world, YouGov conducted an opinion poll among US citizens about their awareness and understanding of the crisis in Qatar.
The aim of the research was to explore America’s familiarity with and perception of Arab states, in particular which countries they consider to be an enemy or ally. It asked citizens about their degree of knowledge and understanding of the conflict between the four Arab countries — Saudi Arabia, the UAE, Egypt and Bahrain — and Qatar, and importantly their perception of Qatar following the accusations of its support for terrorism.
The poll was conducted online between July 19-21, 2017 among 2,263 Americans on YouGov’s online panel covering all US states. The total sample achieved is representative of the US population by gender, age, ethnicity (white, Hispanic, black, and others) and education. The survey also captured information such as political affiliation (Democrat, Republican, independent and others), and voter registration status.
There was a near-even gender split among respondents with 49 percent males and 51 percent females taking part in the survey. The majority of the sample, 72 percent, were registered voters, and 48 percent fell between the ages of 31 and 60. Respondents to the survey answered 19 closed-ended questions.
The overall margin of error is considered to be low (2.2 percent), compared to the 3 percent industry average.

• For full report and related articles please visit : YouGov Qatar Poll

 

YouGov/ArabNews Topline Report


Strikes blamed on Israel killed 9 pro-regime fighters in Syria: monitor

Updated 16 July 2018
0

Strikes blamed on Israel killed 9 pro-regime fighters in Syria: monitor

  • Syrian state media had accused Israel of bombing a military position in Aleppo province late Sunday
  • Israel has repeatedly warned it will not tolerate an entrenched presence of its archfoe Iran in the neighboring country

BEIRUT: At least nine pro-regime fighters died in an overnight strike in northern Syria blamed on Israel, a monitor said Monday.
Syrian state media had accused Israel of bombing a military position in Aleppo province late Sunday, in what would be a rare Israeli attack so far north in the war-ravaged country.
The Syrian Observatory for Human Rights, a Britain-based war monitor, said that those killed included at least six Syrians and that Iranian fighters were also stationed at the base.
State news agency SANA on Sunday reported a missile strike near a strategic air base but said there were no casualties.
“The Zionist enemy... targeted with its missiles one of our military positions north of the Neirab military airport, but the damage was only material,” it said, citing a military source.
There was no immediate comment from the Israeli military, which very rarely confirms strikes on targets in Syria.
Israel has repeatedly warned it will not tolerate an entrenched presence of its archfoe Iran in the neighboring country.
The Observatory, which relies on a network of sources inside the country, said it had recorded a wave of blasts around Neirab on Sunday night.
It said that a suspected Israeli missile strike had targeted “positions held by Syria’s regime and its allies at the Neirab airport” and its surroundings.
Suspected Israeli air strikes have hit Syrian army positions near Damascus and in the central provinces of Homs and Hama in the past but they rarely occur as far north as Aleppo.
Tehran has dispatched military advisers to bolster Syrian President Bashar Assad’s efforts to fight back a seven-year uprising against his rule.