Yemen’s army imposes full control over Saada’s Al-Zaher directorate

According to the source, dozens of Houthis were killed, including high ranking field commanders. (File/AFP)
Updated 01 September 2018
0

Yemen’s army imposes full control over Saada’s Al-Zaher directorate

  • According to the source, dozens of Houthis were killed, including high ranking field commanders
  • The army launched artillery raids targeting Houthi reinforcements sent to Sufyan directorate in an effort to retake strategic sites it had lost

DUBAI: Yemen’s army, backed by the Arab Coalition, took full control of Al-Zaher directorate, north-west of Saada province, after a large-scale military operation, Saudi state-news agency SPA reported.
A military source told the Yemeni Ministry of Defense’s official website, September 26, that the army fully liberated Al-Zaher following clashes with the Houthi militia.
According to the source, dozens of Houthis were killed, including high ranking field commanders.
Elsewhere, the army launched artillery raids targeting Houthi reinforcements sent to Sufyan directorate in an effort to retake strategic sites it had lost.


Bahrain arrests 15 Iran-backed vandals for trying to spread Ashura ‘chaos’

Updated 8 min 29 sec ago
0

Bahrain arrests 15 Iran-backed vandals for trying to spread Ashura ‘chaos’

  • Officers detained the 15 men in Malkiya
  • An investigation had revealed that the Iran had financed the group

Bahrain announced on Tuesday the arrest of “15 vandals for indulging in abusive activities to cause chaos” during the Ashura season, state news agency BNA reported. 

Officers detained the 15 men in Malkiya, a police statement said.

The Director-General of Criminal Investigation and Forensic Science said that an investigation had revealed that the Iranian Revolutionary Guards had financed the operation through “terrorists living as fugitives in Iran.” 

The Director-General said the group mainly consisted of members from the “February 14 group.”

The February 14 group was behind mass protests in 2011.

He said the investigation had also shown the gang was directed by a person who had been arrested in February 2018 on terrorism charges.