Coalition did not prevent Houthis from attending peace talks

The Houthis were provided with all means to travel to the Swiss capital, says coalition spokesperson. (AN photo by Bashir Saleh)
Updated 12 September 2018
0

Coalition did not prevent Houthis from attending peace talks

  • The Coalition provided all facilities for the Houthi delegation to travel to Geneva for peace talks

JEDDAH: A Houthi delegation who failed to attend peace talks last week in Geneva, were not prevented in any way, the Arab coalition said Tuesday.
The coalition, which is supporting the internationally recognized government of Yemen, has said the Houthis were provided with all the means to travel to the Swiss capital to attend UN-backed negotiations.
The Houthis were accused of ‘sabotage’ by the government after they did not show for the talks. “We want the UN to be firmer in bringing the other party to the negotiations”, said Yemeni Foreign Minister Khaled Al-Yamani, after three days of talks with UN envoy Stephen Griffiths.
The Houthi group wanted the United Nations to guarantee that the flight carrying its delegation would not be inspected by coalition forces.
“They would have like to get here, we didn’t make conditions sufficiently correct to get them here,” Griffiths told a news conference, declining to elaborate.
But the government called the Houthi no-show totally irresponsible: “If they were sincere in reaching peace, they should have come, even if we were meeting in separate rooms,” said Al-Yamani.
The Iran-backed Houthis have fired numerous missiles into civilian areas in Saudi Arabia from across the border in Yemen. 
The Houthi militia have been planting landmines in areas under their control, which Yemenis continue to pay with their lives, said Arab coalition Spokesperson Col. Turki Al-Maliki.
The militia and Hezbollah are trading in narcotics to finance the war effort, he said.


13,230 families benefit from ‘Sakani’ program in Saudi Arabia

More than 157,000 families benefited from the program during 2018. (SPA)
Updated 17 June 2019
0

13,230 families benefit from ‘Sakani’ program in Saudi Arabia

  • More than 157,000 families benefited from the program during 2018

RIYADH: The Ministry of Housing’s “Sakani” program has helped 13,230 families registered on its Real Estate Development Fund list with housing options and finance solutions during May.
This includes 5,835 families who live in their own homes, bringing the total number of families benefiting from the program in different regions of the Kingdom since the start of the year to 68,195.
The Sakani program announced the names of beneficiaries and their national ID numbers through the link https://sakani-names.housing.sa or via the program portal.
More than 157,000 families benefited from the program during 2018.
Ministry of Housing spokesman Saif Al-Suwailem said that Sakani continues to provide its services to beneficiaries according to their needs and abilities. The ministry is keen to provide better services in line with the “Eskan” program, one of the Saudi Vision 2030 initiatives that aims to raise the proportion of residential ownership to 70 percent by 2030.
As part of Sakani’s efforts to provide suitable housing options, the program began to implement 53 new housing projects in different regions of the Kingdom, characterized by affordable prices for a large segment of citizens registered on the lists of the Ministry of Housing.
Al-Suwailem said that the ministry was keen to find solutions for Saudi families that help them to own the right home for them. SPA Riyadh