Saudi Traveler completes 12-day trek to Al-Madinah for Breast Cancer Awareness

1 / 2
Yasser’s milestone falls in line with the month of October’s breast awareness campaign and Sunbulah’s Walk for Her #امشي_عشانها initiative. (Supplied)
2 / 2
Yasser Alhmeid received a warm and festive welcome in Al- Madinah as attendees expressed their gratitude and appreciation for his valuable deed. (Supplied)
Updated 29 October 2018
0

Saudi Traveler completes 12-day trek to Al-Madinah for Breast Cancer Awareness

  • Yasser’s milestone falls in line with the month of October’s breast awareness campaign and Sunbulah’s Walk for Her #امشي_عشانها initiative

JEDDAH: Saudi traveler Yasser Alhmeid has successfully reached Al- Madinah on foot following a bumpy 455km journey that started from Makkah. Yasser’s milestone falls in line with the month of October’s breast awareness campaign and Sunbulah’s Walk for Her #امشي_عشانها initiative held in partnership with Zahra Breast Cancer Association. The objective of the campaign aims to spread positivity, next to encouraging women to get early detection and look after their wellbeing.

The long 12-day trek began in Makkah and then the City of Asfan where he was welcomed by a crowd of attendees who lauded his favorable efforts. He then continued his path on the Hijra Road before finally arriving in Al- Madinah after a daily 30 – 40km walking distance wearing Sunbulah’s Walk for Her #امشي_عشانها logo to instill hope and stress on the need for early detection of breast cancer.

Alhmeid received a warm and festive welcome in Al- Madinah as attendees expressed their gratitude and appreciation for his valuable and generous deed towards a good cause. Samer Ibrahim Kurdi Chairman of the Board at Sunbulah Group was also present at the receiving end of the journey standing and applauding amid supporters of the campaign.

Commenting on the initiative, Samer Kurdi said: “We are grateful for Zahra Breast Cancer Association’s vital role in spreading positivity and awareness and second Alhmeid’s message all throughout this challenging journey. We also thank all attendees for being present and showing support. Breast cancer awareness demands meticulous and hands-on participation from the public and private entities in health, education and the media. It requires joint efforts to introduce and translate preventive steps to the public by enticing women to take on early detection measures for a healthier and happier life.”

 


Saudi Ministry of Hajj calls on Qatar to allow its pilgrims to perform Hajj

Updated 17 July 2019
0

Saudi Ministry of Hajj calls on Qatar to allow its pilgrims to perform Hajj

  • The ministry accused the Qatari government of blocking attempts by its citizens to perform the pilgrimage
  • Saudi Arabia is one of several Arab countries that launched a boycott of Qatar in 2017 over the country’s support for extremist groups

RIYADH: Saudi Arabia’s Ministry of Hajj and Umrah has created a new webpage for Qataris who wish to perform the pilgrimage this year.
Qatari Hajj pilgrims can register their details, browse packages and pay for them at: https://qh1440.haj.gov.sa

The ministry called on Qatar not to block the webpage as it did previously and “cooperate in order to allow its citizens to perform Hajj easily.”

Saudi Arabia is one of several Arab countries that launched a boycott of Qatar in 2017 over the country’s support for extremist groups.

The embargo includes transport restrictions between Qatar and Saudi Arabia, but the Kingdom has taken measures to ensure pilgrims from Qatar can travel freely for Hajj and Umrah.

The ministry said on Saturday it had taken several steps to ensure pilgrims could enter Saudi Arabia for for Hajj, which starts next month. But the ministry accused the Qatari government of blocking attempts by its citizens to perform the pilgrimage.

Following a recent meeting with a Qatari delegation to discuss the logistics of pilgrims from the country arriving in the Kingdom, the delegation from Doha left without signing any agreements to enable access for it citizens, according to the ministry.

In response to Doha’s actions, the statement said that Qatari pilgrims could complete their applications upon arrival in Saudi Arabia.