Madinah governor inspects Prophet’s Mosque restoration work

1 / 3
Prince Faisal bin Salman checked the work to restore parts of the Prophet's Mosque. (SPA)
2 / 3
Ancient decorative formations of the prophet's mosque’s southern wall have become more distinct since the removal of the wooden doors that covered the wall. (SPA)
3 / 3
Ancient decorative formations of the prophet's mosque’s southern wall have become more distinct since the removal of the wooden doors that covered the wall. (SPA)
Updated 23 January 2019
0

Madinah governor inspects Prophet’s Mosque restoration work

  • Prince Faisal said the ancient decorative formations of the mosque’s southern wall have become more distinct since the removal of the wooden doors that covered the wall

JEDDAH: Since its founding, Saudi Arabia has always sought to preserve the heritage and history of the Prophet’s Mosque, Madinah Gov. Prince Faisal bin Salman said during his inspection of restoration and maintenance work at the mosque’s southern wall. 

He was accompanied by Sheikh Saleh bin Khalid Al-Muzaini, undersecretary of the General Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques; Waheeb Al-Sahli, undersecretary for Madinah governorate; and Fahd Albuliheshi, CEO of the Madinah Regional Development Authority.

Prince Faisal said the ancient decorative formations of the mosque’s southern wall have become more distinct since the removal of the wooden doors that covered the wall.

The restoration work was a joint effort by the General Presidency for the Affairs of the Two Holy Mosques, and the Madinah Regional Development Authority, he added. 

The work was carried out according to the highest standards, with the help of foreign and Saudi experts.


King Salman to host 1,000 Sudanese pilgrims 

Updated 22 July 2019
0

King Salman to host 1,000 Sudanese pilgrims 

  • 500 pilgrims are to be selected from the Sudanese army
  • Another 500 to be selected from families of Sudanese soldiers who died while fighting Houthi terrorists in Yemen

RIYADH: King Salman has issued an order to host 1,000 pilgrims from Sudan to perform Hajj, the Saudi Press Agency reported on Sunday.

According to the directive, the 1,000 pilgrims will perform Hajj within the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques’ Guests Program for Hajj and Umrah, implemented and supervised by the Ministry of Islamic Affairs, Call and Guidance.

Islamic Affairs Minister Sheikh Abdullatif Al-Asheikh said that of this total, 500 pilgrims would be selected from the Sudanese army and those belonging to the families of Sudanese martyred while participating in the “Determination Storm and Restoring of Hope” operations within the Arab coalition forces supporting the legitimate government in Yemen.

This year, King Salman has ordered the hosting of 1,300 pilgrims from around the world as part of the Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques’ Guests Program for Hajj and Umrah.

Earlier, King Salman issued a directive for the hosting of 200 Hajj pilgrims from the families of victims of the terrorist attack in Christchurch, New Zealand.

The king also ordered 1,000 Palestinian pilgrims who are family members of martyrs to be hosted while they performed Hajj.  

Al-Asheikh said that the hosting of the families during the Hajj season was part of Saudi Arabia’s efforts to “confront and defeat terrorism” in all its forms.

So far, the number of pilgrims who have arrived in the Kingdom since the start of the Hajj season has reached 562,056, according to statistics issued by the Saudi General Directorate of Passports.

Most pilgrims — 547,505 — came to the Kingdom by air, while 8,548 entered by land and 6,003 arrived by sea, the Saudi Press Agency reported.

Last year more that 1.75 million pilgrims from abroad performed Hajj, according to figures from the Saudi General Directorate of Passports.