Iran kills bombing suspects in border clash

| نسخة PDF Send to Friend Print News | A A

Author: ASSOCIATED PRESS

Monday 27 September 2010

TEHRAN: An Iranian news agency says government forces have ambushed and killed several suspects of a bombing last week that killed 12 people.

The report from ISNA news agency quotes Gen. Mohammad
Pakpour of the Revolutionary Guards saying the men were ambushed near the
Iran-Iraq border on Saturday. It did not specify the number killed.
Pakpour, head of the Guards’ ground forces, said Sunday the
armed group was backed by Israel, the US and members of the Iraqi Baath Party,
former supporters of deposed leader Saddam Hussein.
An explosion during a military parade in the Iranian-Kurdish
town of Mahabad killed 12 women and children on Wednesday.
No group has been officially named responsible, but it is an
area where Kurdish separatists are active.
 

| نسخة PDF Send to Friend Print News | A A

Events & Exhibitions

Stay Connected

Facebook