Green light for Haj emergency plan

Updated 22 August 2016
0

Green light for Haj emergency plan

RIYADH: Crown Prince Mohammed bin Naif, deputy premier, minister of interior and chairman of the Supreme Haj Committee, has approved the Civil Defense plan to cope with emergencies during Haj, Director General of Civil Defense Lt. Gen. Sulaiman bin Abdullah Al-Amr said.
He commended Custodian of the Two Holy Mosques King Salman, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Naif and Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman for the services provided to ensure that pilgrims perform their Haj rituals in an atmosphere of peace and security.
Al-Amr also commended the efforts made by Makkah Gov. Prince Khalid Al-Faisal and Madinah Gov. Prince Faisal bin Salman, who is Head of Haj Committee in Madinah Region, for their continued support to the Civil Defense in its mission to ensure safety of the guests of Allah during Haj.
He said the plan focused on the utilization of all resources to provide comfort and tranquility to the Hajis.
More than 17,000 officers and security personnel will take part in the implementation of the emergency plan during Haj supported by more than 3,000 equipment, Al-Amr said.
There are also plans concerning evacuation that will be implemented in coordination with other government agencies in case of any emergency during Haj, he said.
He said the emergency plan entails all appropriate measures for the protection of pilgrims in Makkah, Madinah and the holy sites against accidents and disasters. It also aims at protecting private and public properties by following the best possible way in coordination with other government agencies.
The plan also includes launching of awareness campaigns about the safety of pilgrims in housing facilities in Makkah, Madinah and the holy sites in coordination with Haj and Tawafa establishments, he said.
Other awareness campaigns will be run through media, banners and booklets which will be distributed in large numbers among the pilgrims.

Social media and smartphones will also be used to create awareness, he added.
He said the Directorate of Civil Defense has joined the Unified Security Operations Center (911) to exchange reports and carry out joint security operations in collaboration with the security sectors of the Ministry of Interior to deal with crisis and emergencies.


Arab coalition renews its support for the efforts of the UN special envoy to Yemen

Updated 9 min 37 sec ago
0

Arab coalition renews its support for the efforts of the UN special envoy to Yemen

RIYADH: The Arab coalition fighting to restore the legitimate government in Yemen on Monday renewed its support for the efforts of UN Special Envoy Martin Griffiths and said it is working hard to ensure the peace negotiations inSweden are successful.
Spokesperson Col. Turki Al-Maliki said the coalition has issued 288 permits in Yemen last week by the Houthi militia continue to deliberately disrupt aid access.
He also said that Saudi Arabia’s Isnad Center has signed an agreement with the Yemeni government to supply Yemeni ports with cranes.