Malaysian troops join Arab coalition

Updated 11 May 2015
0

Malaysian troops join Arab coalition

Malaysian troops on Sunday arrived at Saudi Royal Air Force base to participate in the Saudi-led coalition to support the legitimacy in Yemen under Operation Restoring Hope. Malaysia has become the 12th country to join the coalition after Senegal which is sending 2,100 troops to fight the Houthis and the forces loyal to former President Ali Abdullah Saleh. The Ministry of Defense explained that the coalition’s operations center is preparing for incorporating the Malaysian and Senegalese forces into the ranks and determining the nature of tasks assigned to them. Houthi militias in Yemen, meanwhile, accepted a five-day humanitarian cease-fire proposed by Saudi Arabia, according to Reuters. In another significant development, Saudi artillery pounded positions inside Yemen after renewed rocket fire wounded four women in Najran on Sunday, the coalition said. In an interview with AFP, coalition spokesman Brig. Gen. Ahmad Al-Assiri said Saudi-led forces would continue retaliating against targets over the border until the 11 p.m. Tuesday cease-fire deadline, “if they continue to fire their rockets toward our cities, our population.” He also defended the coalition against suggestions by aid groups that its aerial bombing has been “indiscriminate.” He pointed out: “Such militia should be judged by their acts, not by what they tell the media. Let’s wait (until) Tuesday 11 p.m.” Al-Assiri emphasized: “We do not conduct any operation in cities,” even though Houthis hide with their weapons among the population. We had from Day One the restriction from our leaders.” Asked how the rebels were able to strike the Kingdom if the threat had been removed, Al-Assiri said: “Imagine if they fired Scuds instead of Katyusha, what would be the result? They were controlling the Scuds.” He said: “From Day One, when we talked about the air campaign one of the most important targets was to find those Scuds and to destroy them. This is what we did.” The coalition conducted new airstrikes on the residence of Saleh in Sanaa. Saleh, later, appeared in a video in front of his destroyed house officially confirming his alliance with the Houthis.


13,230 families benefit from ‘Sakani’ program in Saudi Arabia

More than 157,000 families benefited from the program during 2018. (SPA)
Updated 17 June 2019
0

13,230 families benefit from ‘Sakani’ program in Saudi Arabia

  • More than 157,000 families benefited from the program during 2018

RIYADH: The Ministry of Housing’s “Sakani” program has helped 13,230 families registered on its Real Estate Development Fund list with housing options and finance solutions during May.
This includes 5,835 families who live in their own homes, bringing the total number of families benefiting from the program in different regions of the Kingdom since the start of the year to 68,195.
The Sakani program announced the names of beneficiaries and their national ID numbers through the link https://sakani-names.housing.sa or via the program portal.
More than 157,000 families benefited from the program during 2018.
Ministry of Housing spokesman Saif Al-Suwailem said that Sakani continues to provide its services to beneficiaries according to their needs and abilities. The ministry is keen to provide better services in line with the “Eskan” program, one of the Saudi Vision 2030 initiatives that aims to raise the proportion of residential ownership to 70 percent by 2030.
As part of Sakani’s efforts to provide suitable housing options, the program began to implement 53 new housing projects in different regions of the Kingdom, characterized by affordable prices for a large segment of citizens registered on the lists of the Ministry of Housing.
Al-Suwailem said that the ministry was keen to find solutions for Saudi families that help them to own the right home for them. SPA Riyadh